INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CDA files?  (Read 1802 times)

Bevan99

• nothing more to say...
CDA files?
« on: June 30, 2003, 02:22:19 pm »

Just got MC and really like it (and will buy it no doubt).  I spend all weekend ripping some of my CDs to my (WinXP) laptop and transferring to my Windows IPOD.  No problems.  

I brought my laptop into work and added some more CDs but when I tried to synch with my IPOD it said that I need to turn on File conversion since my IPOD didn't support CDA files.  I am converting to MP3 so I couldn't quite figure out what had happened.

I finally found some CDA files under the CD&DVD group list under Media Library.  I deleted all files under that and now everything works fine.

How do I keep this from happening again and what did I do to start the screw up?

Thanks in advance!

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
Re: CDA files?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 03:43:56 pm »

First the useless suggestion; next, the next to useless suggestion.

1.  If you are having trouble with MC9, go to the MC9 Forum; this is the MJ8 Forum.

2.  Look for a preference setting that will delete the wav after encoding.

CDA files are normally only found on CD's.  The files you rip from CD's are normally wav files.  You might try setting your output folder for the encoded files to a different folder from your ripped files; then there won't be any incompatible files where you have the files to upload to your IPOD.

Then again, this may all be of no use to you, and maybe someone else will have better help to offer.
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)

Bevan99

• nothing more to say...
Re: CDA files?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 06:56:33 am »

No, actually that helped a lot, thanks.  And sorry for the mispost!  I noticed that a bit too late.  :-/

Strangely, the behavior ceased on its own.  Or rather I started doing *something* differently, lol.  I think I had modified the tag window of the CD before ripping it and perhaps that is what caused the problem to occur.  I've stopped doing that and have had no problems since.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up