INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zen Portable Media Center & MC-11.312  (Read 2624 times)

Mark Stega

• Recent member
Zen Portable Media Center & MC-11.312
« on: August 17, 2005, 12:52:43 pm »

I have about 80gb of my CD's ripped and stored in the format d:\media\music\genre\album\tracks.wav where all of the tracks are uncompressed .wav;  Cover art is stored in the album directory.

1) If I start MC11 with the Zen connected (via USB 2.0), MC freezes on startup and must be killed by the task manager.  Is this a known bug?

2) If I start MC11 and then connect or turn on the Zen, I can pick the "handheld" from the action window and the Zen is recognized and ready to receive music.

I then drag a series of albums to the handheld window, with a conversion to WMA.

On the ZPMC, the arrangement of tracks is \media\music\artist\album\track.wma;  The issue with this is that any album that is multiple artists (witht he artists identified, as opposed to "Various artists", is now split in navigation & playback and is not available intact (as far as I can tell).  Is there any way to change this behavior (preferably maintaining the genre\album\track hierarchy)?

3) When I navigate on the ZPMC & actually play a track, the album is appearing as "unknown".  Is this a ZPMC bug or a MC11 bug?

4) No cover art is being transferred, is this related to #2 above, or is this another setting somewhere in MC11?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zen Portable Media Center & MC-11.312
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 12:32:37 pm »

1) If I start MC11 with the Zen connected (via USB 2.0), MC freezes on startup and must be killed by the task manager.  Is this a known bug?

This should not happen. Do you have auto-sync enabled? If so, try turning it off.

On the ZPMC, the arrangement of tracks is \media\music\artist\album\track.wma;  The issue with this is that any album that is multiple artists (witht he artists identified, as opposed to "Various artists", is now split in navigation & playback and is not available intact (as far as I can tell).  Is there any way to change this behavior (preferably maintaining the genre\album\track hierarchy)?

Not at this time. Do you have the same problem if you transfer with WMP?

3) When I navigate on the ZPMC & actually play a track, the album is appearing as "unknown".  Is this a ZPMC bug or a MC11 bug?

For all tracks or some? If for some, what happens if you transfer the same track with WMP?

4) No cover art is being transferred, is this related to #2 above, or is this another setting somewhere in MC11?

This is probably related to 3. For album art to appear there must be an Album tag in MC.

Steve

Mark Stega

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 04:48:28 pm »

1) I am already set to manual sync

2) No, WMP rips the same album to an pseudo artist called "Original Soundtrack" and all of the tracks are in a single directory under the album name.  Actually, I realized that this is not really an issue as you are not navigating the actual directory structure, you are navigating by album/artist/genre/song with that info coming from the metadata.

3 & 4) All tracks -- And this is the major issue, since without album name, I can't use the album navigation on the portable (as well as not seeing the covert art)

Mark Stega

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 07:11:43 am »

bump...

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 12:25:06 pm »

Are you saying that you have tracks that when you tranfser them with WMP show an Album tag, but when you transfer them with MC do not? If so, can you email me one of these tracks to test? steve @ jriver.com

I am on vacation and cannot work on it until next week but will address it then.

Steve

Mark Stega

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 12:45:44 pm »

The tracks that I transfer in WMP are tracks ripped by WMP & they have the album info.  The tracks that I transfer in MC11 are tracks ripped by MC11 & they do not have the album info.  In each case, a conversion is being made from WAV to WMA format.

I've e-mailed a sample track that MC11 loaded onto the Zen.

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 08:54:22 am »

The tracks that I transfer in MC11 are tracks ripped by MC11 & they do not have the album info.

Try adding an album tag for these tracks and then retransfer. After this I think the album art should work as you would expect. The album tag must be filled in  for this to work.

Mark Stega

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 09:02:29 am »

There is an album tag on the tracks before they are transferred.  Each track as a correct album tag in MC11 as far as I can tell.  It is the process of converting & transferring that drops the tag.

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 09:03:35 am »

Thanks, this gives me an idea of how to isolate/fix this next week. Sorry for the delay.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up