INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View - Search Function  (Read 942 times)

NickM

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
Theatre View - Search Function
« on: August 23, 2005, 01:39:27 am »

I may have missed it somewhere, but I cannot see a Song/Artist/Album search function in the theatre view.  This is a fairly basic function, but without it the useability of the theatre view is limited.  For those of you with SlimDevices, the search function they use is Perfect...

nick

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theatre View - Search Function
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 08:24:23 pm »

I don't think you missed it.  I was also expecting to do a simple search for artist names, etc. but the search seems to search all the "Name" tags which is rarely useful for me.  Currently the best way to get around this is to make a View Scheme of artists grouped by letter (A-C, D-F, etc.).  You still can't search by artist name but it makes finding something a little more managable.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 09:26:03 pm »

I did try the grouping thing, but it still takes far too long to scroll to anything.  I suggested in a post last year about using the numberic keys to jump to the letters of the alphabet (i.e press 6 twice to get to N).  People agreed that it was a good idea, but nothing emmerged in the software.

nick

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 07:16:46 pm »

The way I do it is by creating a 3 field view scheme called "All Artists". The first field is "Artist" which has a grouping size of 1. The second is "Artist" again but without any grouping and the third is "Album".

What this does is as soon as you jump into this view, you're presented with folders A-Z which you can then drill into. Say I choose "B" then I get all artists starting with "B". Drill down once more I get the albums and then finally the track names.

Works for me. Makes it fast and simple to find what you're looking for.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up