INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming Files with Sequence  (Read 1780 times)

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Renaming Files with Sequence
« on: August 26, 2005, 11:29:33 am »

I just got a new Creative Zen Nano handheld, and MC11 works like a charm with it.  However, there is something I'm curious about.  Is it possible, as the files are transferred, that they could be renamed in the same process ?  I'd like to retain, at times, the track order of the playlist, but the handheld plays the files in the alphabetical order within the folders.  I'd like to take a file named ([Artist]) - [Name].mp3 and rename it [Sequence] - [Artist] - [Name].mp3 as it is being shifted into the handheld.

Any suggestions ?

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Re: Transfer to handheld + renaming files
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 11:57:04 am »

Indeed you can do this.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:00:22 pm »

Indeed you can do this.

Verfication is much appreciated, but elaboration is necessary.  I'm still at a loss.

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 09:32:07 pm »

I'd like to know the same thing.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 08:35:14 am »

If you right click on the device in the MC tree, there is an option to create folders from tags. Currently, you are limited to the options that are there, so to do what you want, you would need to edit the tags in MC to include the information that would make the alphabetizing work correctly. Obviously not an ideal solution. This can be expanded in future releases.

Steve

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 10:09:02 am »

If you right click on the device in the MC tree, there is an option to create folders from tags. Currently, you are limited to the options that are there, so to do what you want, you would need to edit the tags in MC to include the information that would make the alphabetizing work correctly. Obviously not an ideal solution. This can be expanded in future releases.

Steve

Thanks, Steve.

I found that option, but it does little for me presently.  Most of my playlists include a lot of artists and a lot of albums, which seems to be the main thrust of that feature.  I've gotten it to work using the "Use Filename Path", but further customization would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up