« on: September 01, 2005, 10:06:48 pm »

~

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
Re: problems with MC11's image editor.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 10:32:19 pm »

I second Marko's post.

The image editor should, in theory, be totally compatible w/ all JRiver programs, i.e. Media Center. Right now, as I see it, the image editor falls short of this requirement, as it messes with MC tags and timestamps.

Also, the Image Editor should be a stand alone program in the MC folder like the CD Label Maker and Audio Editor.

These would round off some rough edges in this awesome program!  ;D

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 01:52:18 pm »

1. Tagging Issue:

As John Gateley said in another thread, there is no simple resolution for this version.

2. Rotation Issue:

There is an issue only if you only do rotation/flip, but do not make any other changes. Right? If you have made other changes, then do a rotation, the result will be saved.

For rotation/flip without any other changes, please do it directly in Media Center instead of in Image Editor - at least until I make more changes to the program. There is a reason for doing so. When you load JPEG image into editor and change it, then save it, you lose some quality. Rotation in Media Center is lossless.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

bman001

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 05:42:01 pm »

Marko, have you looked at apps like ACDSee or that new MS Digital Image suite?  Not the answer you're looking for I know, but I for one was always against JR putting photo managment into MC.  Just adds bloat and still doesn't allow managment of pics as good as more mature specialized photo apps like ACDSee.  If JR offered a MC Lite I would use it.

Anyway I'm not sure why tag data is being lost.  Isn't there an external database like for audio files, and doesn't the photo editor talk to that database?
Pages: [1]   Go Up