INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Line in recording w/ usb device  (Read 791 times)

ginty32

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I guess after 8 years I could type something.
Line in recording w/ usb device
« on: September 06, 2005, 03:57:13 pm »

I've tried to use a usb audio/video capture device to try and record sound instead of using my 1/8" jack.  MC11 will give me the option of selecting the device under the recorder device drop down menu.  I have a usb device called Dazzle DVC 90 Audio Device. 

I do all the steps in the how to section.  I select the mixer option from the recording source drop down menu.  I Select the Volume control menu > Options > properties and there is a drop down menu for mixer device.  I've tried both my sound card and the Dazzle DVC 90, but I can't get any sound recorded.  I can hear and record sound when I use the Pinnacle video capture software that came with it, but it stores it as a video file.

Does a device like this work to record sound?  Am I missing any step?  I've tried to go step by step to eliminate all possibilities (e.g. different sources).  I've searched for related topics and checked F.A.Q as well.  I can record with the 1/8" jack, but I would like a "cleaner" way to record my L.P.s etc.  Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up