INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag n Drop in tree view in MC 11  (Read 1725 times)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Drag n Drop in tree view in MC 11
« on: August 06, 2005, 01:24:17 pm »

Dunno what happened here.  But its clunkier than it was in MC 10.

It was really fast MC10, all you had to do was follow the directories and it felt quite intuitive.

In MC 11 all i can do to move directories, is if its in the same space then fine, but if i need to scroll up or down, i am totally lost as the scroll bar advances much faster than the tree, so i either end up right at the top or bottom of the tree.

Ok it says move or copy now, but the feel is totally strange that i feel i got to train myself again.

Has anyone managed to get this working ? I can't be the only one with large trees ;)

Not so comfortable using the other workarounds as either album art of cue files get stuck behind.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Drag n Drop in tree view in MC 11
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 04:33:23 pm »

My music base folder has 893 top-level subfolders. It seems to be very difficult and slow to drag a subfolder from A*** to Z***.

Luckily I don't change the folder locations often. Once I have got them right they will stay. If I need to move a folder that includes CUE files I change the path directly in the Filename (path) field (in Media Library/Advanced/Hard Disk Location). After that I move the possibly remaining files outside MC.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 04:50:22 pm »

Ahh, but was it easier to move stuff in MC10 despite the size of your tree ?

I felt it was faster/much better than explorer regardless of the tree size.

With MC 11 i'm seriously considering doing it externally. Not a good thing.

I am hoping this is something that can be smoothed out in MC11.1

For some reason there don't seen to be many posts on it.

modelmaker

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 09:37:39 pm »

This is oneof the reasons I have kept MC10 istalled. I just added another HD and had to move a bunch of folders and it was quicker to do it with MC10 and then update MC11.

I still wish J River would bring back the left/right scroll bar for the tree view, it's very annoying to have to adjust the size ofthe tree view  every time you have to drll down several folders.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 05:40:41 am »

I have found a way to get around the scroll problem when moving directories in the tree.

Click the destination folder in the tree.

Scroll to the source dir. Click source and drag drop in the right pane (which shows contents of the dest dir)

I expect you could do similar in explorer as well, just never done it this way :)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 11:48:22 am »

strange, because I do not see the super-fast scrolling in the tree that you guys are describing.

I wonder if it's hardware, or driver setting related?

I use a Logitech wireless keyboard + mouse (mx3100)

-marko.

modelmaker

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 10:49:47 pm »

strange, because I do not see the super-fast scrolling in the tree that you guys are describing.

I wonder if it's hardware, or driver setting related?

I use a Logitech wireless keyboard + mouse (mx3100)

-marko.

It actually seems to be 2-speed, if you click and drag a file down the tree, when you get to the bottom of tree window and then back up just slightly, the scroll speed slows down quite a bit.

I have found a way to get around the scroll problem when moving directories in the tree.

Click the destination folder in the tree.

Scroll to the source dir. Click source and drag drop in the right pane (which shows contents of the dest dir)

I expect you could do similar in explorer as well, just never done it this way :)

This doesn't seem to work for me, (it'd be nice if it did).
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 04:34:05 am »

This doesn't seem to work for me, (it'd be nice if it did).

Let me explain again.

- Click destination dir, for me many times this will appear empty (in the right pane) as there are sub-folders in it. The display option at the bottom of the right pane is set to Single Folder (default i think)

- Use tree's scroll bar to go to source dir, can be many screens up/down in the tree.

- left-click source dir, staying clicked drag to the right pane (which is the dest dir).
You dont want the source dir contents to show in the right pane when you do this, its a quick click & drag operation.

- Hold for a sec or 2 in the right pane, you will notice a small arrow icon appear where the mouse pointer is, similar to the one appended on windows shortcuts. At this point release left mouse button, you will be shown a small pop-up menu, (Move , copy etc). Select desired option and it works.

- Don't forget to do a refresh or F5.

Now if only i could do ctrl click to select/move multiple source dirs like this ;)

The downside of course is you can't have a view schem displaying at the same time as you do this move operation unlike with MC 10.
Pages: [1]   Go Up