INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PSP video issues  (Read 1984 times)

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
PSP video issues
« on: September 18, 2005, 01:16:05 pm »

Hi, have had my PSP for about 2 weeks now and have just got round to grabbing a 512Mb mem stick. I'm starting to back up my movies to AVC format as this is much better quality however when MC copies them across there are a couple of issues.

* The video files are placed in the incorrect directory. AVC files should be placed in the Memory Stick:\MP_ROOT\100ANV01 folder, instead they go to the Memory Stick:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01 folder.

* The .thm file does not copy accross. It doesn't even show up in MC.

I almost managed to get a workaround to this by setting up a portable device to be recognised as Memory Stick:\MP_ROOT\100ANV01, and I can copy files across to that. However I cannot get the .thm file to appear in MC (it doesn't import) and so I cant copy this across too. Not a huge loss but still quite annoying!

I would really like to be able to use MC with my PSP as it offers great power with respect to cataloguing my media! If you could help me then I would really appreciate it!

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
Re: PSP video issues
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 01:58:59 pm »

OK... have just found out that .THM files are actually just .JPG files that are 160x120 pixels and named exactly the same as the video file. Is there any way that MC could create a .THM file from the Image file associated with the video? This would make MC much more powerful than any other program Ive seen for the PSP.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: PSP video issues
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 01:37:02 pm »

We can look at doing more with this in the future. I will also need to look at the AVC file issue.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up