INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XAlbum and MC XML Export  (Read 1480 times)

over0065

• Recent member
XAlbum and MC XML Export
« on: September 22, 2005, 07:41:02 am »

Hello all, I just started using this and I love it!  My only problem is that I don't know how to get the resulting file to include the album cover art.  It is kinda frustrating.  Otherwise, I love the fact you can do this.  Anybody with any pointers in how to export from MC using XML Exporter and XAlbum to open in a web browser and be able to have the art images there?  Clearly I am missing something.  Thank you.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: XAlbum and MC XML Export
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 10:44:18 am »

It sounds like you're not using the "Coverart Options" part of MC XML Export.  This will copy the coverart images to a child directory that is referenced in XAlbum.

I spent a fair amount of time on XAlbum, but have pretty much stopped because the concept (ability to transform the library via XSL) hasn't been supported natively by MC.  The MC XML Export plugin was/is a great tool, but I dont' think Scott has worked on it for some time.

Convince JRiver to add XSL transformation functionality in the next version, and I'm sure you'll see lots of interesting transforms.  I'll be good for a few, that's for sure.

over0065

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 01:53:56 pm »

Yes I have attempted to use the "coverart options", however, I am sure I am not using it right.

Is there a specific "process cover art images to child directory" directory that I should be using? 

Also, what about "force absolute filename references in output files"?  Should this be checked?  What does it do exactly?

Please help.

Thanks.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 12:15:43 pm »

Is the coverart being copied to a directory below where the XML is getting saved?

What does the URI for the coverart look like in the exported XML?  How about quoting a few media items?
Pages: [1]   Go Up