INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NETGEAR Playlist/Genre/Artist/Track buttons  (Read 3328 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
NETGEAR Playlist/Genre/Artist/Track buttons
« on: September 28, 2005, 01:32:29 pm »

To use the Playlist, Genre, Artist and Track buttons on the NETGEAR MP101 requires some additional configuration.

The Genre button looks for a view scheme under Audio named "Genres".

The Artist button looks for a view scheme under Audio named "Artists".

The Track button looks for a view scheme under Audio named "All Tracks".

You must create these for the buttons to work. They do not exist by default. When creating them, choose the "Show in Theater View" option.

The Playlist button will take you to the Playlists, and is not changeable.

j

surge

• Recent member
Re: NETGEAR Playlist/Genre/Artist/Track buttons
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 06:27:33 pm »

Having some trouble with the navigation from the Netgear MP101, now that I have invested the time to get the finicky device to work with my network and consistently connect to Media Center.  My first option when I startup the Netgear MP101 is under 'Browse Music' is Audio and Playlists.  Under Audio, I get all of my view schemes (including those that are not "Show in Theater View") and also under Audio is all the entries for my Genres for some reason.

The Genre, Artist, Track buttons are not working, though the Playlists button is working.  I have played with various permutations of the options in the View  Scheme edit including Show in Theater view and even naming a view with the quotes.

Any advice?  Is the Netgear supposed to already be looking within the Audio tree? 

The Netgear firmware version is the most recent - 1.3.7.  Media Center version is 11.0.314.

surge

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 01:46:46 pm »

Answering my own question:  The Netgear MP101 works now that that the newer version of MC (11.1.111 I think) downloaded automatically.  Now the remote control navigation buttons mentioned all work.  However, I did need to set the UPnP server in MC specifically to Netgear MP101 not Automatic Detection.  In Auto Detection, the MP101 starts higher up in the MC media tree, so the quick navigation controls on the MP101 don't work.

Surge

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 02:06:40 pm »

Glad you got it working, and sorry I missed your post first time around.

The NetGear is one of the devices that cannot be autodetected, they don't give me a unique name to look for.

j

MP101User

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 04:50:10 pm »

Wanted to bump this as using the Genre/Artist/Playlist buttons seems simple enough from the above, but I can't get them to work on my MP101. Can any other users confirm whether something is bust centrally or if it is just me. (I suspect the latter...)

Ta,

Mark.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 10:16:09 am »

I just checked Genres, and it's still working.

Make sure:
1) The view scheme is under Audio.
2) The view scheme is named Genres (with a S on the end and a capital G)
3) The view scheme is marked visible in theater view

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up