INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod crashes MC11  (Read 1191 times)

bmunroe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Where ever you go, there you are
ipod crashes MC11
« on: September 29, 2005, 02:07:32 pm »

After a long absence from using MC, mostly because it does not support dynamic smartlists on the ipod, I have decided to return to the fold.  My purchase of the iPod Nano, to compliment my 60G photo, pushed me over the "I can't stand iTunes" edge.

I upgraded to 11.1 yesterday and tried my ipods with MC.  Bad idea.  Clicking on "Handheld" crashed my system, everytime.  Could not do anything but watch a frozen computer.  Even the 3 fingured salute (C-A-D) to summon task manager didn't work.  Had to reboot.  Everytime.  Even tried "reset" under options-handheld.  I did manage to finally get the taskmanager to appear before I reset, and watch the memory usage of MC hover around 110K and processor usage between 95 and 99.  The total memory "commit charge" just kept going higher and higher.  Finally, after 10 minutes or so, I received a run-time error from MC and it closed.

So, today I uninstalled 11.1 and reinstalled 11.0.316.  Reset the handheld options again, and tried the handheld option in the action window.  MC recognizes either ipods (Nano or photo), but crashes when trying to initalize the handhelds.  The first time MC returned a run-time error message, but now it just crashes to windows with "Media Center has encountered an error......."

Both ipods appear in windows explorer and work fine in iTunes, although I will occasionally have to repair iTunes.  This is happening on my laptop.  Haven't tried it yet on my desktop.

Here is my system information:

Media Center Registered 11.0.316 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1597 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 489 MB, Free - 102 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: MATSHITA UJDA760 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Thanks for your help.

Brian Munroe

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ipod crashes MC11
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 02:14:29 pm »

11.1 is the problem there.

Try finding the file called itunesdb on the iPod and renaming it.

bmunroe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Where ever you go, there you are
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 03:02:16 pm »

That seems to have fixed it, thanks.  I had to rebuild my database and lost my playlists, oh well.

Any problems or tricks using two iPods with MC11?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 02:49:28 pm »

There are some tricks, but they will not be necessary in the very near future. Sit tight for a build this week.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up