INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now Track Info - Multi Info just vanished from all my music files.  (Read 938 times)

snapperocks

• World Citizen

I have categorised around 3,000 songs manually adding the indivudual CD info to each song from AMG, Amazon or  Barnes & Noble using the multi info template. . These are on my hard drive  There are thousands of songs from
my CD's that have their info stored on MC.that also have lost their info. This happened when MC crashed with a Critical 30# error which I have experienced before.

For configuration of the library Info field It has under Display Info, Category General, Under Data Type String and Edit Type Large Value.

I have tried restoring my library but that didn't work and installing an older MC build.
I need to get an absolute uncorrupted clean restore.

Would someone tell me how I can make sure thats what I get please. Will I get this if I check Remove registry files when uninstalling. Will this cause problems reinstalling if I do this?

Media Center Registered 11.0.293 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2813 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 282 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2713 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050702-1513) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.70

Ripping /   Drive E: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: SAMSUNG  CDRW/DVD SM-352B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

nlc

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

For configuration of the library Info field It has under Display Info, Category General, Under Data Type String and Edit Type Large Value.

There is a bug (i am sure it is still there) if you paste to a field and some chrs are in the paste when using the "Large Value" type

the info will not save.

This Has Been Posted In The Bug Thread 2 Times I Know Of
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

snapperocks

• World Citizen

Good News
I tried a library restore again and it worked.  :)

Jim I am still getting this critical Error 30# that crashes MC this says the programme has a corrupted or missing file. I have uninstalled removing the registry and reinstalling the latest build but it still shows the Critical Error 30#
 :(
Would you or a member of J River tell me how to remove all trace of the registry that is incomplete and corrupted and where I can access a completed version :( :(
nlc
Pages: [1]   Go Up