INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: skinless MC  (Read 1182 times)

brak_brak

• Recent member
skinless MC
« on: November 16, 2005, 09:23:55 pm »

Is it possible to run Media Center 11 without skins?  Being able to disable skins is one of the best features of Media Jukebox.  I'm thinking of upgrading to MC, but can't stand when a program that's running full screen doesn't have the X for closing the program all the way in the upper right-hand corner; I'll inevitably end up closing something behind it that I didn't want closed.  None of the skins available for MC 11 are set up with the X all the way in the corner (I've tested at least a dozen), and I'm not going to bother to design one.  I don't care if it's ugly, I just want a plain program to organize my files.   

Alternatively, is it possible to organize Audible files and podcasts in Media Jukebox 8?  I've been really happy with it for years, but want a program that will organize all of my audio files in one place so that I can quickly load my MuVo and go.  And if I have to buy something new, I'd rather pay the nice folks at jriver than anyone else.  Thanks. 

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: skinless MC
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 01:42:28 am »

Is it possible to run Media Center 11 without skins? < ..... >

Alternatively, is it possible to organize Audible files and podcasts in Media Jukebox 8? < ..... >

No, and erm, no :)

skin-wise, you might find these interesting.

-marko.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 03:57:56 am »

or you could just take the skin of your choice and modify the main.xml file
Find the enty that looks as follows

in the case of the aruba skin, then just shift the offsets

Wallah X button in the top right hand corner, plus you get to keep
a funky skin to boot.

brak_brak

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 12:48:51 pm »

Thanks for the link to the simple skin.  It's OK, but not quite what I wanted.  And the X box is still out of position.  I'd much prefer to use MJ than MC at this point of MC's life cycle. 

Does anything else out there support audible files _and_ mp3s (except for itunes)?  The wonky Audible software leaves a lot to be desired, but at least it works. 

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 04:23:03 pm »

brak_brak:

I've actually made a couple of skins to perfectly mimic the standard XP Classic UI in default sizes. It is designed to be run with Tahoma size 8 and the scrollbars and caption buttons are made to match the default size of the Classic buttons.

The only problem with my skin is that is is made specifically for Maximized state. If you put it in a Windowed state, the window has no borders.

I've also got the original template saved on my computer, so if there was a particular color scheme that you wanted, I could either edit the files myself, or just post the archive on my web server for you to download and edit to your own liking.

Check out the screenshot here: http://www.bgracetfaith.net/misc/classicmc.jpg

If you decide youre interested, email me at bgracetfaith "at" gmail "dot" com
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up