INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please assist with a couple of dvd audio questions.  (Read 927 times)

trentino

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Please assist with a couple of dvd audio questions.
« on: October 08, 2005, 10:13:52 pm »

Hello,

I just installed MC11 and the new ATI Catalyst driver around the same time.  My system is now handling audio a bit different than before and I'm wondering why...

I'm running an Intel board (D865PERL) with built in audio called SoundMax.  I'm running a plasma screen as a secondary monitor (component cables) and am feeding audio to my receiver with an optical cable.
I have the Audio Output mode set to "Wave Out" and the Output Mode Settings set to "Wave Mapper".  The DVD Output Device is "Default Wave Out Device".

1)  When I play music files a hear audio through both my receiver and speakers connected to my computer.  When I play a DVD with digital audio, I only hear the audio through my receiver.  No audio comes from the computer speakers.  Is this normal?  (I seem to recall previously that audio came from both sources when playing a DVD).

2)  The Media Center volume control only affects the volume of the audio coming through the computer speakers.  It doesn't affect the audio being fed to the receiver via the optical cable.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Trent

Griff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Please assist with a couple of dvd audio questions.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 12:01:43 am »

Well

This is diff.

I never tried what you are doing.

And why would you want audio coming thru your pc speakers and your amp. at the same time?

Well its irrelevant.

2)  The Media Center volume control only affects the volume of the audio coming through the computer speakers.  It doesn't affect the audio being fed to the receiver via the optical cable

You are using SPDIF out, thats why.

Try:

rt clk the little speaker icon in upper left and select internal vol.

If that dont work , there is a little prog. that will.

With spdif out the mstr. vol. does not work., you have to use wave.

trentino

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 11:11:28 am »

And why would you want audio coming thru your pc speakers and your amp. at the same time?

I have the computer in a computer "niche" off to one side of the family room.  The plasma is on the wall in the family room.  Usually I watch dvds from the plasma with the sound coming out of the receiver speakers.  Sometimes I watch dvds from the computer monitor though, and with what is happening now, the sound comes through the speakers in the other room while I have the video playing on the computer screen.  Previously, the sound came through both the receiver and the speakers so it didn't matter where I chose to watch from, I had the audio coming through both the receiver and the computer speakers.

You are using SPDIF out, thats why.

Yeah, I figured so, just wanted to double check that was normal.  Thanks.

Try:
rt clk the little speaker icon in upper left and select internal vol.
If that dont work , there is a little prog. that will.

The internal volume control seems to be disabled when using SPDIF.
Do you know what that little program is that you mention?

With spdif out the mstr. vol. does not work., you have to use wave.

Great, thanks again,

Trent

Griff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 06:08:41 pm »

PM me with your Email addr. and I will send it to you.

Its small.
Pages: [1]   Go Up