INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto-insert notification???  (Read 1113 times)

mdloafer

• nothing more to say...
auto-insert notification???
« on: October 02, 2002, 03:50:06 am »

A few weeks ago, I tried burning some CDs with MJ.  When it began the burn, this window popped up, suggesting that I disable a feature called "auto-insert notification".  It said that disabling that might help the burn process, but might also affect other programs that use that feature.  I went ahead and disabled it.

The burns failed anyway, but my real issue is that it's affected my CD/DVD-ROM drive.  No matter how I have any other programs set up, it no longer reads from the drive when I put a CD in (it used to).  I also have weird problems when trying to watch DVDs, problems that I didn't have before all this.

Can someone tell me *where* exactly this "auto-insert notification" is set or disabled, so I can re-set it?  It wasn't an actual option that I can check, it was just on this pop-up window in MJ.  Is there a registry entry I can look for?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: auto-insert notification???
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 03:59:07 am »

What opeating system are u using as it is in different places in XP and 9X?
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

mdloafer

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 05:40:39 am »

I'm using WinXP.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 07:44:16 am »

I think in XP you have to go into Disk Manager which is in the management console and then click on the specific drive.  I cant remeber the exact location of the MC but I think you can access it from the start menu. If not you could always reinstall XP over the top of itself  which will return the setting to its default and shouldn't afect any of your programs (put it this way I have reinstalled XP over itslef 6 or 7 times and have not yet had to reinstall any software...)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 09:22:45 am »

You can temporarily disable A.I.N. by holding the Shift key down for 5 seconds or so after inserting disk.

Xenno
Pages: [1]   Go Up