More > Media Center 11 (Development Ended)

DVD-Audio Support in MC 11?

<< < (2/5) > >>

JimH:
Barrie probably knows something we don't.  The sound is almost certainly being "enhanced".  The question is maybe, "how", or "why?"  Something could be added. 

jgreen:
Well, I for one am more inclined to prefer the sound of something I just purchased and/or invented.

cncb:

--- Quote from: Barrie on October 11, 2005, 01:41:57 pm ---If you have tried and couldn't find a difference it is because you didn't own the equipment to play back the difference. 

[edited by JimH]

--- End quote ---

Right.  He/she probably needs that aftermarket $500 power cord for their amp to really hear the difference.  ::)

Please explain to us how this is different than the picture analogy.  You are still creating something that wasn't there to begin with and it can only be a "guess"...

Mastiff:

--- Quote from: Mr ChriZ on October 11, 2005, 06:34:34 am ---It's like starting with a 1 mega pixel picture changing the
res to 4 mega pixels and ending up with a higher quality picture...

--- End quote ---

But that's what FFDShow does with the DVD image, right? And that works, I can see that on my high end Barco Graphics 808 projector with HD-144 lenses and BG808S RGB amps, and a power cord for 600 dollars! ;) (OK, I lied about the last part! It's a computer power cord for 10 dollars...but the signal cable did cost 200 dollars!)

Mr ChriZ:

--- Quote from: Mastiff on October 12, 2005, 01:39:04 am ---But that's what FFDShow does with the DVD image, right? And that works, I can see that on my high end Barco Graphics 808 projector with HD-144 lenses and BG808S RGB amps, and a power cord for 600 dollars! ;) (OK, I lied about the last part! It's a computer power cord for 10 dollars...but the signal cable did cost 200 dollars!)

--- End quote ---

Yeh I guess it could do some sort of interpolation type thing, although with that it's possible it could get it wrong, where it's doing averages, and it's no more detail... just smoothed.
Done a bit of research myself.  Seems a lot of different opinions on the subject, including AudioPhiles.  I'm wondering if it does work, why it couldn't just be done at the DAC, either seperate or they could start putting it on all Audio CD Players etc, save putting it on to DVD, like you get with Oversampling, maybe they will....

Don't listen to me tho, I know Nuthing!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version