INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iRiver H10 sync problems  (Read 2514 times)

warner

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
iRiver H10 sync problems
« on: July 31, 2005, 09:45:31 pm »

Has anyone successfully synced playlists to the iRiver H10?  I'm using version 11.0.309 and I believe I have the latest WMDM plug in also.  I've been testing several mp3 players this weekend that will work with Napster/Rhapsody To Go subscription services and Media Center.  I have had no problems with the Zen Micro and the Rio Carbon but I can't seem to sync properly with the iRiver H10.  All my tracks will transfer properly to the iRiver H10 but playlists do not show up.  This seems to be because MC is not putting my tracks and playlists in the proper location?? I noticed that MC creates a folder called "media" on the iRiver and a subfolder called "playlists" and places tracks and playlists there.  However all my other music on the player are located under the "Music" folder and the playlists (created by Napster & also Windows Media Player) are located under "Playlists" folder. Both these folders are directly off the root.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iRiver H10 sync problems
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 08:59:53 am »

Currently MC should be placing music in a media\music directory and playlists in a media\playlists directory. If this is not the case or is incorrect, please clarify where each should go and I can modify this.

Thanks,

Steve

warner

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 09:40:48 am »

Steve,

Music should be under \music\artist name\album name  (or "Unknown Album" if there is no album information)
Playlist should be under \playlists (they have a .pla extension)

Thanks!
Chris

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 10:00:58 am »

Chris,

Sorry to ask so many questions, but we do not have this device here.

Does the H10 not support m3u playlists? Can you test it and verify that it does not?

We currently only support m3u playlist creation, but this could be modified.

Steve

warner

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 04:26:58 pm »

Steve, no problem. I'm happy to help since I really want to stick with MC.

It seems like the H10 will only recognize playlist with the .pla extension. Here's what I did to test.  By default the H10 connects as a WMDM device. However, if I press certain buttons I can connect it as a standard UMS device and see a drive letter. Once connected as drive letter E, I copied playlist.m3u to e:\playlists.  Disconnected the device and was not able to see playlist.m3u there. But all my other playlist were still listed there.  If I rename playlist.m3u to playlist.pla and copy it to the H10, I am able to see the playlist listed in the H10.

Do you have any suggestions on other ways I should use to test this?

thanks,
chris

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 12:03:02 pm »

Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. Can you try right clicking on the device in the MC tree and select the option to create folders from tags and select Artist and Album. After a transfer files should be in a folder called media\music\Artist Name\Album Name\file and playlists should be in \playlists with an m3u extension. If this is the case, rename the playlist with the pla extension and see if it is recognized. After that, email me the results at steve @ jriver.com and I will send you a modified file that should get this working better.

Thanks,

Steve

p2

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 05:25:34 pm »

Is this problem already sorted?

'Cause I'm still figuring out how to transfer properly from MC11.0.314 to my H10

Patrick

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 09:52:27 am »

Patrick,

Does your H10 have MTP / Plays for Sure firmware installed?

Steve

p2

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 02:41:40 pm »

Steve,

After some research I came to the conclusion that my H10 is an UMS version,
Therefore I should not install the MTP firmware.

Will this be a problem?

I can't get te audio files in the H10:\media\music\artist\album folders (like iriver software does),
they appear in H10:\artist\album.
The MC playlists aren't in H10:\media\playlist but in H10:\ , and are not recognized 'cause they the H10 only recognizes *.plp.

Iriver plus software gets the files transfered correctly, but I'd rather use MC (if possible)

Thanks,

Patrick

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 11:41:46 am »

Patrick,

Is there MTP firmware available for your H10? If so, would you consider installing it?

I can't get te audio files in the H10:\media\music\artist\album folders (like iriver software does),
they appear in H10:\artist\album.

Did you use 'Configure remote and fixed drives' to make MC aware of your H10? If so, reset it and browse to the folder \media\music and name that path as your H10. This, and the setting for using artist\almbum tags should resolve this problem.

The MC playlists aren't in H10:\media\playlist but in H10:\ , and are not recognized 'cause they the H10 only recognizes *.plp.

Did you set the playlist path to \media\playlist?

In regards to .plp support, we will need to add support for that in 11.1.

Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up