INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Locations  (Read 665 times)

tofer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Library Locations
« on: October 16, 2005, 04:39:37 pm »

I have 50k files stored in three libraries (one is mostly loops used for mixing, one for another user of the computer). 

The issue is this: when I change libraries, the naming convention defaults for "rename files from properties", and the import files folders and options all stay the same.  This makes switching libraries extrememly cumbesome, and leads to mistakes importing when someone else (or  me) changes libraries.   In short, it makes managing multiple discreet libraries next to impossible.

Lastly, on a related topic:

Like an increasing number of households, we have many computers sharing media files via a central file server (currently a terrastation terabyte drive).      While there are a few (terrible)workarounds for managing updates to the libraries from other machines (I would think a very typical scenario), why doesn't MC just create a mulituser database?  Microsoft, while lagging JR in many ways, will clearly have the edge in managing large shared libraries (clearly JR's forte).   

i'v been a loyal JR fan for many years, and currently act as the informal support desk for the 100+ family, friends and others that I've converted to Media Center. (unfortunately open 24/7, lol)

Increasingly, this issue has become the biggest issue with almost all of them.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up