INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eliminate Server Logon?  (Read 1027 times)

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Eliminate Server Logon?
« on: October 11, 2005, 07:33:25 pm »

I have a problem. I run an MC Library Server (Win 2003 running AD with local logins) supporting several Clients. It is on a non-standard port, and password protected (it is exposed on the internet and I want to reduce risk of snooping).

Ny problem is this: when I start a new client (say, the HTPC), it boots up and runs MC automatically. But when it tries to download the library from the server, I get a network popup box asking for logon credentials. Now, The name and password are saved, but it hangs waiting for me to press the "Okay" button.

The problem is that if I am away from the Client and unavailable to confirm the logon, the connection times out and the Client fails to load.

Upon first play of a song, the Client again presents a logon credentials popup, with similar behaviour.

Is there a way to configure a Client to automatically logon to the library server with stored credentials so I can do an unattended reboot of the Client machines? Is this behaviour happening as a result of Win2003, or MC?
Irish guy in San Francisco

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Eliminate Server Logon?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 06:57:32 pm »

So there's no thoughts on this problem?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 07:38:17 pm »

Currently you'll have to live with a password dialog if you turn on password protection.

If it's important to you and a few other people, we may be able to work around this in MC 11.1 which is now under development.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 09:34:06 am »

If it's important to you and a few other people, we may be able to work around this in MC 11.1 which is now under development.

It does rather spoil the whole "unattended" vibe of running MC, making it more of a "sit-up" operation demanding concentration rather than a "sit-back" relaxtion event.

It also seems to activate semi-randomly during theatre playback. For example, at one party last week the credentials requester popped up four or five times. I suspect this may have been when it was changing codecs?
Pages: [1]   Go Up