INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to disarm Download Manager?  (Read 1224 times)

mikewillnot

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
how to disarm Download Manager?
« on: March 03, 2006, 02:15:03 pm »

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else; the search features on these forums are rather a blunt instrument.

I'm trying to download a song I bought on the Real Music Store, and apparently, the MJ Download Manager fires up, and an error generates: "Failed to load C:\...\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE55\CD6FSHUV\controlcenter[1].rmp"  Questions that occur to me:

1.  Is this indeed being caused by the MJ DLMgr?
2.  Can the DLMgr be deinstalled?

I've never used, and don't particularly want or need the DL mgr, as far as I know. 

THANKS.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: how to disarm Download Manager?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 12:18:28 pm »

This is from the Download Manager section of the MJ8 Help file:

Set as Default Download Program

In Download Manager go to Settings > Options > File Associations and make sure the kind of files you want to download are in the list. If they are not, see Add a File Type.

The exception to this is for list files including M3U, MPL, LST, RMP and EMP files, which should not be included in the list. Instead, check the option "Enable Download Manager to handle list files".

Go to Options > General and select the default folder into which you want your files downloaded. (Tip: you can set different folders for different file types. See Change the Download Folder.

Go to Options > General and set Download Manager to "Automatically start on Windows startup" and "Start minimized". This way Download Manager will always be running in the background, and whenever you download a file from a web site or ftp site*, Download Manager will take care of getting the file for you.

*Some web pages use special scripts that will not permit Download Manager (or other downloading software) to get the file.

I think you just need to disable the "Automatically start on Windows startup" option.

Alternatively, you could remove the RMP file type association (if present) and/or disable the "Enable Download Manager to handle list files" option.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up