INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.37 Alpha  (Read 1937 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.37 Alpha
« on: October 18, 2005, 05:59:06 pm »

• This is a very early alpha of 11.1.
  • There aren't a lot of new features in it yet.
  • It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.
  • As always, use at your own risk, and don't make it your first download of MC.

As always, please post ONLY BUGS here -- anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Posts may be deleted or moved.

Media Center 11.1 ALPHA is now available.  PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 ALPHA is here:
http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111037.exe

MC 11.1.37 (10/18/05)

1. Fixed: Playlists would not properly transfer to a handheld when certain options were set.
2. Fixed: Performing sync's with file conversion enabled on WMDM devices would resend the same files over and over.
3. Changed: Changed default convert option for handhelds and servers to "Convert (if necessary)." (instead of never converting)
4. Fixed: Library lists would not update as expected to reflect changes in the playing track.
5. Changed: Select All / Select None gives the list that responds the focus so future global commands (analyze audio, etc.) use tracks from this UI piece.

MC 11.1.35 (10/14/05)

1. Changed: Play count, rating, etc. is synced back from a handheld as soon as "Check Synchronization" is clicked so that an accurate picture of what needs to be sent can be presented.
2. NEW: iPod shuffle support. Current support requires that a cleanly formatted Shuffle (using iPod Updater)has been run with iTunes one time prior to running with MC. After running with MC, iTunes will need to rewrite the Shuffle database.  AAC and Audible content performance not fully tested.
3. Changed: Reworked installation system finalizer to hopefully fix hangs after installing plugins reported by some users.
4. Changed: Revised shutdown system to fix rare cases where the process could hang at the tail of shutdown.
5. Changed: Switched how the installer detects a running process of Media Center so it won't accidently run with a dead process lingering.
6. Fixed: In-place editing in list controls was not working properly.
7. Fixed: On-the-fly conversion to handhelds was not always working as expected.
8. Changed: Improved list messaging during handheld uploads. (show progress bars, etc.)
9. Changed: "Sync Now" button changes to "Cancel Sync" button in a handheld view header when a transfer is in progress.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 11.1.37 Alpha
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 07:53:47 am »

As an aside, G-Force and WhiteCap should now work fine with MC 11.1.  We have added a backwards-compatibility layer for plugins using older file / internet readers.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Cerebro

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 10:05:10 am »

'Sync data back to MC' does not work. It can be checked in Options -> Handhelds, but that does not have an effect. After 'Check Synchronization' no user data (ratings etc.) has been transfered and the 'sync data back to MC'-box is grey (cannot be checked) in the Handheld options, although the Ipod has been recognized properly.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 01:57:56 pm »

As an aside, G-Force and WhiteCap should now work fine with MC 11.1.  We have added a backwards-compatibility layer for plugins using older file / internet readers.  Thanks.
Yes!! Thanks Matt.

Build 11.1.130. 5. NEW: Added "Image" Action Window that tracks the playing file. I don't have that in Action Window!

Tag Info in Action Window doesn't show information about the playing file. It only says <varies> in all fields. I have to manually select a song to see the tag info in the Action Window. I believe that wasn't so in MC 11.0.

A day without laughing is a day without living

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 02:54:29 pm »

I am experiencing very strange ripping behavior with 11.1 Alpha:

Only every 2nd or 3rd track gets ripped, the others display "failed". when repeating the "failed" tracks, they rip ok

I rip and then encode into APE

b

Valisystem

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 12:05:11 am »

Build 11.1.130. 5. NEW: Added "Image" Action Window that tracks the playing file. I don't have that in Action Window!

I installed 11.1.35 a few days ago and was also perplexed that there was no new image window down in the lower left. I was looking forward to it. (Had to backtrack to 11.0 for database compatibility, so I have to wait a bit before experimenting again.)

maruf_65

• Recent member
  • its all coming back to me
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 08:16:26 am »

when we'll get customizing the preview mode options. i want this truly

plz jriver guys do someti=hing about it

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 01:11:06 pm »

In handheld synchronization choosing "None" as option for "Rearrange upload folders" does not work, it defaults to "Artist\Album"
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 06:37:30 am »

When Album Images are downloading after ripping, pressing the cancel button
causes MC to stop responding, with 100% processor usage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up