INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M4P Playback Problems  (Read 895 times)

cmonache

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
M4P Playback Problems
« on: October 23, 2005, 02:41:03 am »

Hello,

I am currently using an RME Digi96 PST for audio playback with Media Center .312. I am using the digital out on the RME to feed my Benchmark
Media DAC1 D/A convertor.

At the beggining year I had problems playing back quicktime files on my computer and also I could not playback M4P files in Media Center. When I played them back they would stutter or sound like how a CD sounds when you fast forward it. I worked with RME support and setting Quicktime to Wave Out only seemed to fix the problem. Note: On my other PC using a Soundblaster Audigy I did not have this problem. With Soundblaster by default both M4P and WAV file work just fine. No special settings are required.

This week I downloaded the latest and greatest iTunes and Quicktime. I upgraded to iTunes 6.0.0 and Quicktime 7.0.3. Now I am having playback problems again:

1. I can playback Mp4 files in iTunes with no problems (That has never been a problem)
2. I cannot playback Mp4 files in JRiver Media Center since the upgrade - I am getting the digital stutter issue again.
3. I am not able to playback quicktime movie clips again (Either in the browser or itunes) - not really related to Media Center
4. I am not able to playback the new tv show videos offered on iTunes withing the iTune media manager - Not really related to iTune.

Any ideas on how to get things working again? My Soundblaster Audigy is just working fine on a second system.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up