INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same album in multiple genres?  (Read 1596 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
Same album in multiple genres?
« on: October 26, 2005, 08:45:55 am »

I haven't tried this in media center (been too busy) so perhaps this is a stupid question but here it goes:

I have my 960 albums divided up into 15 different genres and when clicking on a genre i have the albums come up in thumbnail view with their cover art. I want to add another genre called "favorites" and then go thru my albums and pick my favorite 80 or so and assign them to the favorites genre but still have them also appear in their originally assigned genre, is this possiable?

Thanks

TC  :)

duckznutz

• Recent member
Re: Same album in multiple genres?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 08:53:26 am »

I think that the 'genre' is embedded in each file and there can only be one. It sounds like you want to create a 'Playlist'?
Call it Favourites and drag your favourites to it. You can have many many Playlists. As many as you need.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 09:08:51 am »

Thanks Duckznutz, a playlist it shall be and then just have it appear in album art  thumbnail view and i should be set, correct?

TC

duckznutz

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 09:21:36 am »

Actually I am pretty new to this as well . . . so I dont know if playlists appear in album art thumbnail view . . . I would assume that they do, but then I am having a simple problem viewing album art thumbnails AND tracklists for highlighted albums (which I also assumed would be ok) so your best bet is to just try it out.

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 04:18:26 pm »

A playlist is just a collection of tracks, so the tumbnail view for a playlist has a thumbnail for each track (no album art option for a playlist view).

If you want to show one thumbnail per album  and keep things separated and chooseable by album, create a playlist-limited library view scheme like this:

1. Create a playlist called "favorites" and add your favorite albums to it.
2. Create a new view scheme under the library (call it favorites).  Limit it to the "favorites" playlist.  (That will be under item 4 at the bottom in the create view scheme dialog window, click on the down arrow, playlist and "favorites")
3.  You can have whatever panes you want in the view scheme, for instance you could have genre - artist- album  or year - album or just album, in any case it will only show the albums in your "favorites" playlist.

Then below the panes, right click and choose "customie current view" and choose "album thumbnails" and that will show you a thumbnail for each album.

Have fun!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 04:31:54 pm »

If you place a playlist group as a pane view column then your favorite albums playlsit will show up as album thumbnails inside the media library view.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 07:03:44 pm »

Thanks nolo and datrude, will give it a try, might not be for a couple of days though, white sox world series games are ttaking up all my time.

TC

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 11:40:36 am »

Thanks nolo and datrude, will give it a try, might not be for a couple of days though, white sox world series games are ttaking up all my time.

TC

Not any more.   ;D

tristeve

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 01:09:09 pm »

I have my 960 albums divided up into 15 different genres

just out of curiousity, what are your 15 genres?

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 04:19:06 pm »

Nolo, tried your method and it works great, may be a simplier way to do it but it works for me.

Tristeve, sorry now just seeing your pm to me, will you anwser tonight

TC  :)

tristeve

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 08:38:13 pm »

cool, thanks  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up