INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC On Carputer - Features?  (Read 1643 times)

fatt_fill

• Recent member
MC On Carputer - Features?
« on: January 11, 2006, 06:03:08 pm »

Hi guys,

I use MC at home to manage and play both audio and video on my desktop, and on an entertainment PC in the lounge, using a remote and predominantly theatre view.  However, I've just developed a carputer and was wondering if anyone had similar experiences:

I use theatre view on a 7" touch screen TFT in the front of the car.  All looks well and good - and the ability to invoke custom applications from the 'home' of theatre view is very useful for easily launching other applications such as Sat Nav Progs.  :)

However, if I want to browse through my Audio View Scheme to find a certain artist, it's rather difficult using my touch screen as I have to click 'open' all the time.  I personally would find it more useful to just have it open by default.  Right Click (or hold left click in the case of PDA style right click) could be used to display the conventional drop down.  Could this be a feature worth looking at (maybe something you can set in the MC Theatre View options).  I feel it would allow me to nav MC would easier and would therefore be a lower risk of crashing....not that I use it on the move...oh no.... :-\

Any comments?

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: MC On Carputer - Features?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 06:11:01 pm »

Accident in waiting?  :-\

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 05:32:32 am »

Nice idea. I use MC in Theatre-View with a touch at home. Your feature would mean that i could play most of my albums with 4 clicks, instead of 8 clicks now.
Uwe

SW_NA6CE

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 10:27:05 am »

I think if you go to the Options > General and change double-click to "add to playing now" and then check the box "start playing when files are in now playing" when you double click on the files they should automatically play.

It shouldn't be too hard to set up a remote with your setup, which would probably be advisable for safety! I have steering wheel controls with my aftermarket stereo, and love them; I never have to take my eyes off the wheel.

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 02:53:20 pm »

I never have to take my eyes off the wheel.

I hope you sometimes take your eyes off the wheel to look at the road  :P

fatt_fill

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 02:12:34 pm »

Hi all,

Cheers for your input:
- SW_NA6CE - I think you may be slightly confused about the feature - what you suggest is a great way of adding files to the playing now - my problem is that if you have a view scheme that involves browsing several folders, it takes a while before you even see the files (for example from home: audio/genre/chilled.....)

- I do, of course, take due care and attention when driving and try not to operate it whilst driving.  My car doesn't have a stalk control, but that's nothing that a trip to a scrap yard/breakers, and a length of serial cable won't sort - Work in progress :)

I think it would be a useful option to have - maybe in version 12 hey  ;)

Thanks,
Phil

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 02:21:04 pm »

I too use MC in a Carputer, I also find the menu slightly irritating (although realise why it is there), as with a touch screen its not just a matter of a double push (like a remote, as it may appear at different heights on screen), which means it takes twice as long to get to the music you want.

As fatt_fill suggested a PDA style push and hold would be nice, or any other suggestions..?

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up