INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error 1022  (Read 1069 times)

hakuin

• World Citizen
  • Old pond, leap-splash-a frog.
Error 1022
« on: September 28, 2002, 07:58:30 pm »

I am trying to burn a CD (Plextor 40/12/40A), WinXp, MJ 8.  I keep getting this "A device error occurred. Error number is 1022 Error data is: KEY: 5 ASC: 24 ASCQ: 0"  towards the end of the burn (in burn or test mode).  Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks,
lee

Fastyves

• World Citizen
  • Let me think about it !
Re: Error 1022
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2002, 12:20:58 am »

Win Error Code 1022

" A notify change request is being completed and the information is not being returned in the caller's buffer. The caller now needs to enumerate the files to find the changes."

Don't if this can help ...

Yves.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 06:29:57 am »

See if it helps to reduce the amount of data you're burning.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

hakuin

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 06:54:34 am »

Yes, I was burning ~79 minutes of music (on an 80min CD). If I knock one song from the playlist, it burns okay.  However, I was able to burn the full 80 min playlist using Roxio EasyCD Creator.  So does this mean the problem is with MJ?

L

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2002, 08:51:18 am »

When using the generic burner in MJ, it uses TAO (track-at-once) mode to burn audio. This has more overhead then the DAO (disc-at-once) mode that MJ's non generic burner (and Easy CD creator) uses.
Currently there is a bug in the way MJ is calculating the amount of overhead for audio CD's with the generic burner. That's why it didn't warn you when you were over the limit.
If you can de-select the "use generic burner" option, you shouldn't have this problem.

hakuin

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2002, 09:58:37 am »

Hi,

I just checked and actually, I was not using the generic driver...the "use internal ASPI layer" was checked.  

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2002, 08:03:32 am »

A device error occurred. Error number is 1022 Error data is: KEY: 5 ASC: 24 ASCQ: 0

This kind of error message only comes from the generic burner. If you get this message with the "use generic driver" option unchecked, then there is an MJ bug somewhere. If you have multiple burners, make sure you're looking at the settings for the burner in question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up