INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate Listing of File in Database  (Read 712 times)

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Duplicate Listing of File in Database
« on: November 02, 2005, 10:17:47 am »

There are duplicate listings of the exact same music file in my database (a problem I've had with several versions of MC/MJ).  In other words, two listings for the exact same physical file appears in the main MC database. 

Of course, Remove Duplicates" will not work b/c it's in the main database list and not a playlist.  Would anyone know how to safely remove such duplicates (can it be automated somehow) or how I may avoid getting such false duplicates in the first place?

What I've been doing is play one file listing while deleting the other (sending it to the recycle bin).  This prevents the actual file from being deleted, and nothing appears in the recycle bin.  Before understanding a bit about what was going on, I would delete one of the references, and subsequently discover to my dismay that I had deleted the music file, despite retaining a listing for it.

On a related issue, perhaps, is that the import media function sometimes fails to import files  previously removed from the library, although I have deselected the option to "exclude files previously removed from library".  The only solution I've found is to go to the music file or folder and use the right click function to import back into MC.

And so in regards to both issues above, I wonder if there is a safe way to clean the music library database without losing the organization and file information contained in the library. 

Thanks for any advice.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Duplicate Listing of File in Database
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 10:43:12 am »

you may want to clear the database and re-import
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up