INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audible AA files not converting  (Read 1244 times)

RobertsJJ

• Recent member
  • I can add something witty here? Really?
Audible AA files not converting
« on: October 12, 2005, 02:45:31 pm »

MC 11.0.316

I can listen to AA files but I cannot convert them to put them on my MuVo NX (the only MuVo that cannot play AA directly).

Each time I get an immediate "conversion failed" response but it comes back so fast I'm sure it doesn't try.

I tried to burn two AAs to a CD (only 1.5 minutes each) and got only the usual "this is Audible" intro duction and nothing else on the CD (with tthe failure message popping up as it did with the MuVo.

Please, can someone help?  I need to get the AA file portable fast.  I need to use it on a plane and cannot bring the notebook.

Thanks.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Audible AA files not converting
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 07:26:00 pm »

As far as I know, MC can't do this. Try Gold Wave (don't know the homepage, but a search should find it). It is a sound editor that can convert AA files and they have a free trial. There are also some threads on the web about doing the AA conversions with it (not here at JRiver, elsewhere).

Good luck.

RobertsJJ

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 09:17:25 pm »

Thanks for the fast reply.  I'll checkout the tool you suggest; however, I am hoping that someone from JRiver will correct you and say, "oh, ya, you can do that.  Here's how to fix that little issue."

I used to be able to do it with MC10, so I gotta believe MC11 can do it, unless Audible.com said, "no more."

Thanks.

RobertsJJ

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 11:49:37 pm »

I am hoping that someone from JRiver will correct you and say, "oh, ya, you can do that.  Here's how to fix that little issue."

Well, I'm still hoping.   :-\
I did try the Goldwave, and it did do the job for me.  It took awhile to get the settings right so that they would produce a good quality file that wasn't too big, but it helped.

However, I'd still like to do it in MC11.  Anyone know how?
Pages: [1]   Go Up