INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: weird close-not crash-after clicking sync  (Read 922 times)

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
weird close-not crash-after clicking sync
« on: November 02, 2005, 08:47:06 pm »

This gets really weird.  The is on a 4th gen 20Gb iPod.  I have reinitialized the iPod and restored it to its original state--it's blank.  I right click on the iPod in MC and choose sync.  Everything okay so far.  As soon as I move my mouse over the the SYNC HANDHELD box that pops up, where I normally choose the playlists I want to sych--POOF.  MC .316 disappears.  It just shuts down. I have never seen this behavior before.  At this point I am used to having to delete the DB file on the iPod.  But this is just strange.  I cannot go any further.  This happenned prior to my resetting the iPod (apparently for naught) as well...

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
Re: weird close-not crash-after clicking sync
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 08:59:21 pm »

Okay, So on further hunting around for the problem, I went into options and found that there were two listings under Devices, iPod and a gibberish entry.  I reset this, it found the iPod again, though the problem persisted.  Now the program shuts down immediately if I even go to Options at all.

Help...

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: weird close-not crash-after clicking sync
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 01:30:20 pm »

Try disconnecting your iPod. Go to Tools-Options and do the 'Reset'. Close and reopen MC and then connect your iPod and allow it to be detected.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up