INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.49 Alpha  (Read 2322 times)

SwellGuy

Media Center 11.1.49 Alpha
« on: November 02, 2005, 05:02:47 pm »

• This is an early alpha version of MC 11.1.
  • There aren't many new features in it yet.
  • It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.
  • Use at your own risk and do not make it your first download of MC.

As always, please post ONLY BUGS here -- anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts may be deleted or moved. 

Media Center 11.1 ALPHA is now available.  PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 ALPHA is here:
http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111049.exe

MC 11.1.49 (11/02/05)

1. Changed: Audible service now comes installed with the player.
2. Fixed: Handheld plugin entries for plugins no longer used would still show in plugin manager.
3. Changed: Plugin Manager labels for Interface Plugins were confusing (changed start/stop to show/hide).
4. Fixed: Plugin Manager default values for Interface Plugins were wrong.
5. Fixed: Now properly handles RFC822 dates found in Podcast Feeds, regardless of OS/User internationalization settings.
6. Fixed: Application no longer crashes when previously downloaded Podcast Episodes vanish from a Podcast Feed.

MC 11.1.47 (10/31/05)

1. Fixed: When resetting handheld devices, previously ignored devices would not always properly show up again.
2. Fixed: While Analyzing Audio, a view refresh could cause the dialog to be cleared.
3. Changed: Removed non-working "Recently Imported" smartlist presets. (all date searches now search actual date instead of elapsed time)
4. Changed: "Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in" could cause MC to hang. (plugin doesn't properly support multi-threaded access)
5. Fixed: Minimize button is DSP studio would minimize to an unskinned window.
6. Fixed: MC could use the wrong plugin for some older iRiver devices, causing them to fail to work.
7. Changed: Playlists can now be sorted in custom ways instead of always by sequence number.
8. NEW: File analysis before a handheld transfer no longer blocks the main thread if "Transfer" is pressed before it has finished. (now works in the background)
9. Changed: Transcoding wasn't working for UPnP Server and TiVo Server.
10. Changed: Dropping files on a handheld while it's working queues the files and automatically transfers them after the current upload finishes.
11. Changed: Default Podcast download directory is now My Music/Podcast.   This directory is created only when needed.
12. Changed: Podcast Feeds are now much more tolerant of large and/or poorly formed XML feeds, and feeds with some bad episodes.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 11.1.49 Alpha
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 05:10:38 pm »

Visual bug...

Play a track,
Switch to Playing Now. The top part of the screen still shows the previous view.... This happens on both my computers.
I have also verified that this was not the case with 11.0.xxx

Thanks,
-

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 06:20:19 pm »

it seems that "write playing" got broken with your interface plugin "improvements".  really u know the interface plugins seemed to work fine to me. but i digress.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 07:00:22 pm »

it seems that "write playing" got broken with your interface plugin "improvements". really u know the interface plugins seemed to work fine to me. but i digress.
"stop" always worked for me. Assuming that all that's changed is the button names, that's fine by me because i now know.
If I were coming across these for the first time however, the question I'd be asking myself is "does hidden mean 'hidden, but still running' or does it mean 'stopped'"
I don't see how you can get much clearer than started or stopped.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 07:45:51 am »

try this with a large database (100,000 files) edit a field and allow MC to change the data it takes a long time.

move that one file to playing now and edit the field MC does it quickly

the larger lag time is do to MC loading panes again with each edit.

if i am modifying data in line not sure why it needs to redo the whole database over and over.

even if you use i filter in the search parm and only pull up a few files, mc reloads panes for the whole database again and then displays the few files in the search parm.

it seems like this could be Speed-ed up a bit.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 08:14:30 am »

Hello, I just recently downloaded this build after using MC10 for awhile (with crippled iPod support) and there's something weird with the new way iPods sync.  I initialized and uploaded 2,208 songs by dragging the 'Audio' component from the Media Library tree into the handheld box and then clicked transfer.  After it was done, I created smartlists and tried to synchronize them, but they didn't show up.  Something about how all the files were already on the iPod, so MC11.1 thought that there wasn't anything that needed to be changed.  I got the message "This portable is fully synchronized."  Tried it again and got the same message without any playlists showing up still, while the 'Last Synced' thing continued to say 'never'.  I was able to fix this by deleting one song from the iPod and then synchronizing.  I prefer to upload, then synchronize playlists because the way the database structure looks is more aesthetically pleasing to me with all the songs in order than it would with my randomized smartlists having the upload list out of order, and even though when I would add new songs they'd be at the bottom (or they show up at the top now?), I could always initialize and upload again before bedtime.

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 10:58:26 am »

Same problems I reported in the build 47 thread.

CD ripping hasn't been working like it should on these 11.1.x builds.  When I first insert a CD, MC asks if I would like to Take No Action, Play, or Rip the CD.  I choose Rip and it says gathering information and updating view, but the view doesn't change.  I still have to manually click the Rip CD button in the action window or click on the drive in the tree.
Also, when I insert another CD after the first, it does not continue ripping.  If I click on 'Click Here to Restart Ripping' I get an error message that says "There are no tracks available to rip.  Please ensure an audio CD is in the drive and that tracks are selected."  I click "OK" but that error keeps popping up until I close the Rip CD Action Window.

Media Center Registered 11.1.49 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2503 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1445 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 2.0.1.74 , Win32 Nero Aspi Library, Copyright © 1999-2003 Ahead Software AG / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  DVDRW SOHW-1673S   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 05:21:30 pm »

Same problems I reported in the build 47 thread.

CD ripping hasn't been working like it should on these 11.1.x builds.  When I first insert a CD, MC asks if I would like to Take No Action, Play, or Rip the CD.  I choose Rip and it says gathering information and updating view, but the view doesn't change.  I still have to manually click the Rip CD button in the action window or click on the drive in the tree.
Also, when I insert another CD after the first, it does not continue ripping.  If I click on 'Click Here to Restart Ripping' I get an error message that says "There are no tracks available to rip.  Please ensure an audio CD is in the drive and that tracks are selected."  I click "OK" but that error keeps popping up until I close the Rip CD Action Window.
[...]

Same for me
Pages: [1]   Go Up