INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11 and Nano  (Read 1272 times)

ReTango

• Recent member
MC 11 and Nano
« on: November 06, 2005, 01:53:27 pm »

Hi,
Have installed Media Center 11.1.49 (win XP). Connected a Nano to my PC, and transferred some files from MC11 to the Nano. Files did nor appear on the Nano. Plugged it again, and saw that when I select from "Drived and Devices" the nano and browsed it, MC showed the files. So I tried to "rebuild database" or something like that (right click on mouse, cant say exactly since cant plug the nano again). When finished, I selected "eject device". And now the nano shows the apple sign, turns off - apple sign, turns off - apple sign, turns off. I cant make it stop. The computer does not recognize it. I resetted it severdal times, and just keeps doing the same. As I told you, Iīm in panic. Cant restore it, since my PC dows not recognize it as a USB. Cantīturn it off completely. dont know what to do.
Thanks,
Alejandro

matshif

• Citizen of the Universe
MC 11 and Nano
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 02:11:38 pm »

I had a problem like you and I got a new iPod with the help  of the warranty.
It was some kind of harddrive crash and it took hardly two weeks before I got a new iPod.
I'll wait untill 11.1 goes into beat.

SteveG

Re: MC 11 and Nano
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 05:57:18 pm »

The following link will instruct you on how to reset the Nano....

http://mtdewvirus.com/archives/2005/10/03/ipod-nano-lockup-reset/

ReTango

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 09:19:20 pm »

thanks steveg! however, in this case it did not work at all. i resetted it some 30-50 times with no luck. the, sudenly and randomly i think, the nanp turned on in "disk mode", no idea what that is, and i was able to completely reset it...

lOth

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 05:15:41 am »

>:(

probably not a nano specific issue: clicked 'sync' in MC this morning and now my 4G (40Gb photo) is in a loop: it tries to reset but auto-power off after displaying the apple logo for about 15-20 sec. It's been 5 min now and I really hope it will end before the battery is empty.

I should add that I had been using this iPod for almost a year with various versions of MC, including alphas of 11.0.

edit: well, I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens when the battery is empty. The iPod won't get in disk or scan disk mode.

ReTango

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 07:38:21 am »

lOth , sorry to hear that. thats exactly what happened to my ipod yesterday. i think i was lucky enough that my ipod suddenly opened in disk mode and i was able to reset it, but for 30 mins it just looped on-of with nothing i could do..... this is the 3rd case i listen to

to MC 11 developer, please fix this asap and post a message to users warning them of this!

lOth

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 08:26:53 am »

I managed to get my iPod out of the loop and started a new thread to describe what I did so that it's more visible to others:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30184.0

ReTango: I think you must have somehow held the back and select buttons together to end up in 'disk mode'. No?
Pages: [1]   Go Up