INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on burning a data CD  (Read 699 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
Question on burning a data CD
« on: November 07, 2005, 02:45:53 pm »

MC - 11.0.316

I am creating a data CD containing MP3 tracks from various albums for my brother.   My tracks are in the format [Track#] - [Track] but I want to rename them to [Seq] - [Track] where Seq is the column that appears in the Burn CD or DVD listview.   I want the tracks named this way so that they will appear in Explorer in the order I want.

Unfortunately MC does not recognise the token [Seq] and clicking on the "Prefix list order to the CD filename" is always inserting the number 1.

Can anyone recommend an easy way to achieve what I want?   Hand cranking an M3U is not an option and neither is going thru and changing all my tags.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Question on burning a data CD
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 03:13:11 pm »

The prefix list order option works, but sometimes MC has slight update problems when the naming options are changed after the tracks are added to the queue. Usually clicking the "Show list" button helps.

I gather the files first into a standard playlist and when the list is ready I drop it into the burn dialog. In this way I can restart the burn process if needed without losing the list.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

RhinoBanga

• Developer
Re: Question on burning a data CD
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 03:51:12 pm »

Thanks for that.   You're right in that MC didn't update the list properly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up