INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPod Nano and MC11  (Read 1422 times)

ReTango

• Recent member
IPod Nano and MC11
« on: November 06, 2005, 01:56:04 pm »

Hi,
Have installed Media Center 11.1.49 (win XP). Connected a Nano to my PC, and transferred some files from MC11 to the Nano. Files did nor appear on the Nano. Plugged it again, and saw that when I select from "Drived and Devices" the nano and browsed it, MC showed the files. So I tried to "rebuild database" or something like that (right click on mouse, cant say exactly since cant plug the nano again). When finished, I selected "eject device". And now the nano shows the apple sign, turns off - apple sign, turns off - apple sign, turns off. I cant make it stop. The computer does not recognize it. I resetted it severdal times, and just keeps doing the same. As I told you, Iīm in panic. Cant restore it, since my PC dows not recognize it as a USB. Cantīturn it off completely. dont know what to do.

Thanks,
Alejandro

ReTango

• Recent member
MC 11 and Nano
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 02:18:37 pm »

After 10-15 minutes and some 30 nano resets, nano suddenly opened in "disk mode" (never saw it before) and I was able to restore it.

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
MC 11 and Nano
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 02:25:18 pm »

did you 'initialize' your iPod within MC before you started transfering files?

ReTango

• Recent member
Re: IPod Nano and MC11
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 03:18:58 pm »

no i dont think i did... i plugged the ipod, a pop up appeared asking if i wanted to use the ipod with mc. I accepted and set the synchronization settings to "manually transfer tracks". the clicked "handheld player" in the action window, dropped files and clicked "transfer". it took some time, and it appeared that the files did transfer indeed (th amount of free space diminished..). but i could not find them on the ipod, so i right clicked on the ipod and selected Rebuild Database on Ipod... and then it broke down... I sweated for 30 mins!!!

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 02:16:29 pm »

Are you able to successfully transfer files to your Nano using other applications like iTunes?

ReTango

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 02:56:40 pm »

yes, it works with itunes. a user just made a thread explaining how to exit the on-off loop on the ipod nano - photo, so the problem is not so serious as i thought it was the first time (when i though i had to trash the nano!). will try again with the latest version of mc11 to see if it works..

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 11:28:50 am »

If you are going back and forth between iTunes and iPod, wait and get the next version of MC 11.1 as additional work has been done in this area to improve interoperability.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up