INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to remove Girder?  (Read 793 times)

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Possible to remove Girder?
« on: April 24, 2006, 01:22:16 pm »

Mostly for my own amusement, I'm trying to figure out the absolute minimum configuration I can run my HTPC with.  Right now, I have MC11.1, TheaterTek, ffdshow, and Girder running.  With the recent release of the nVidia Pure Video decoders, I'm finding that ffdshow provides some benefits, but they are extremely subtle.  If I could make work what I'm about to explain, I could live without it.  That leaves MC11.1 and Girder.

What I would like to end up with is MC in TheaterView as my desktop (no explorer, windows desktop, etc.).  Unfortunately, I have one thing that is blocking me -- my use of a Pronto with SuperNudelist.  If you are not familiar with SuperNudelist (see http://www.pretentiousname.com/nudelist/index.html), it is a great program that will build a Pronto UI based on an exported library from MC.  Basically, I select the album or track in my Pronto, and MC plays it.  It's not bi-directional like NetRemote, but it works great.  Besides, I don't have the other necessary gear to do everything with NetRemote.

Is it possible to choose an album or track to play using only the MC remote functions and no monitor?  For example, receive IR signals for "1, 2, 3, OK" and play album where AlbumID = 123.  I know.  Why get rid of Girder if it works?  Like I said, it's mostly for my own amusement.  Right now, I can get rid of everything I use Girder for except this one thing.

It should be noted that my HTPC does not have a monitor, keyboard, or mouse connected.  Everything is done via IR.  For movies, I use an fp, but I don't want to fire that up every time I want to listen to music.  Plus, I have two zones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up