INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11: Circular Reference (dcwebman)  (Read 2041 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
MC 11: Circular Reference (dcwebman)
« on: June 18, 2005, 05:04:08 pm »

I created a simple expression in an audio view to say Yes or No if there were lyrics for the song. The expression was:
If(IsEmpty([Lyrics]),  No ,  Yes )

This always worked fine. Now I get "Expression Error (Circular Reference)". Did I miss a change somewhere or is this a new bug. I don't recall seeing it in recent builds.
Jeff

EDIT
This worked fine in 295 so something in 296 broke it.
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 11.0.296 Release
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 10:02:19 pm »

Check for other possibilities.  Nothing should have changed in this area of the program. (and we can't reproduce)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dcwebman

Re: MC 11: Circular Reference (dcwebman)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 09:15:43 am »

I installed 297 this morning and the Circular References went away. Go figure.
Jeff

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 10:51:56 pm »

I am seeing this circular reference in the tiny playing now screen in the action windowed view.  I am using 11.1 but I haven't used this feature until now.  Also why is the playing now so small and can I make it stay there permanetley?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 04:03:32 am »

I see the circular reference error in the "create new playlist" box... it displays instead of the filenames. Note that this is a standard playlist and not a smartlist, so the only expression I can see it using is playlist=

Sorry I'd add a screenshot, but not sure how to post images.

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re: MC 11: Expression Error (Circular Reference)
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 02:11:07 pm »

About 1 week ago I started getting the Expression Error (Circular Reference).  At first it was only showing up when I was creating a new playlist.  After dropping several tracks in the left hand playlist box (that shows up when creating a new playlist)..Suddenly the artist - track name would all at once switch to Expression Error (Circular Reference).  I scrolled to that same playlist via the tree inside MC and noticed everything was OK on that end.  Even if I added new tracks to the playlist, by dragging/dropping into the playlist box they would still show up in the playlist.  I didn't consider this a big deal, because my playlist(s) were still saving ok.
This weekend was different because when I was renaming filenames it renamed the files Expression Error (Circular Reference). 
01 - Expression Error (Circular Reference)
02 - Expression Error (Circular Reference)

I checked the past posts and noticed this wasn't an issue for many, so I decided just to uninstall and reinstall MC.  However MC would not allow me to restore my last saved copy of my library.  The message that was displayed said my version of the library was for an old version of MC.  The biggest pain is once MC decided my library backup was from an older version (which was not true) I couldn't open MC.  It would begin to open, but display the message that I needed to delete all library backup copies out of the library folder.  Even though I deleted the files MC still wouldn't open.  So I spent the next couple of hours uninstalling/reinstalling MC to find a backup library copy that it would accept.  I finally was able to open a library from early October.  Going back that far into my library I obviously lost a few crucial playlists.  When I was reinstalling MC I even tried going back to the 1st few builds of MC11, hoping then I could import my more recent library...no luck. All of these libraries that were rejected were created in v11.

I would really like to restore my last saved library. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 02:18:04 pm »

This was found and fixed in MC 11.1.  Do you mind giving it a try?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 03:02:55 pm »

Matt, i'll give it a try this evening at home and let you know.

Does this mean there is a chance that I can get my needed library backup restored?

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 06:03:55 pm »

Everything seems good with the update. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up