INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting currently playing track into a smartlist?  (Read 788 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Getting currently playing track into a smartlist?
« on: November 14, 2005, 07:38:52 am »

Is there any way to get the currently playing track into a smartlist?

What I'd like to do is create a smartlist which shows me the currently playing track and a selection of my songs with ratings from 1-5.  I could then compare the currently playing track against that list and more accurately rate it based on the other songs in the list.

Cheers,

Mark

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Getting currently playing track into a smartlist?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 10:09:59 am »

Guess not  :(

Using [last played]=<3m I can pick up the last track played and do what I want but it would be very neat if there was some way to pull the currently playing track into a smartlist.

Mark

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re: Getting currently playing track into a smartlist?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 02:58:13 pm »

What i did was simply create a field called playlist (you can call it whatever) and I simply add the word "feelin" to that custom field.  So whatever current track is playing i can simply type in that word and it goes to the smartlist "feelin which i created exclusively for those playing now tracks that I dig. 

Or another round about method is to create a playlist and whenever you hear a track you want thrown into that smartlist just right click on playing now and send that track to your special playlist.  Every night or once a week go into that playlist, highlight all the tracks and tag a field with a name that will throw them into your wanted smartlist. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up