INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod crashes MC 11  (Read 1261 times)

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
iPod crashes MC 11
« on: November 21, 2005, 09:21:28 am »

Attempting to sync audio clips in MC 11 to iPod 30 Gig. MC's prompt window indicates need to initialize iPod, then MC crashes. Ditto on another machine running MC10. I can see the iPod drive letter, but that's a far as I get. I am not running iTunes. Do I need to undock and initialize iPod in some other fashion... if so, how? (FYI: This iPod owned by a colleague and used previously on iTunes. My own 3G iPod works fine with MC). Please advise, thanks.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod crashes MC 11
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 10:16:15 am »

In Explorer, go to '\iPod_Control\iTunes and delete your iTunesDB file. Run MC and then right click and select 'Initialize'. You should be able to go forward from there but will have no files on your iPod.

Steve

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 02:43:44 pm »

Are you referring to the Explore function in OS, not Internet Explorer? Assuming the former, unable to locate anything resembling \ipod_control\itunes. Where does this file reside?? Thanks.

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 02:54:35 pm »

You will need to go and Show Hiddedn Files and Folders on your computer, Then you should see it.
-

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 11:13:20 am »

In Windows Explorer.  If you do not see it, you will need to go to Tools->Folder Options and enable 'Show hidden files and folders'
Pages: [1]   Go Up