INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11.1.59 not syncing ratings from Ipod  (Read 1839 times)

Markl1959

MC 11.1.59 not syncing ratings from Ipod
« on: November 17, 2005, 08:38:41 pm »

It appears that others have had their issue with syncing ipod ratings to MC resolved by going to the 11.1.xx version of MC. I'm afraid I still have the issue. I've upgraded to the 11.1.59 Alpha version of MC and re-initialized my ipod and re-sync'd. I'll go into the ipod and rate a previously unrated song a 5 and resync. It shows the song in MC as having the 5 rating and moved out of my "unrated songs" playlist and into my "5 ratings" playlist. However, the ipod still shows the song in the "unrated songs" (with a 5 star rating) and I'm told my MC that the ipod is fully sync'd.

This is really a show stopper for me and I really hate to go back to iTunes antiquated playlist management. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Markl1959

Re: MC 11.1.59 not syncing ratings from Ipod
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 08:46:25 pm »

I guess I should mention that the ipod is a 4Gen non-color 40gig, version 3.1 and the date modified on the ipod rated song shows up as a series of boxes on the ipod and the correct date modified in MC

Markl1959

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 08:52:47 pm »

To further complicate matters, if I go into MC and unrate the previously 5 star rated song, the song moves to the correct play list in MC. However, the ipod now shows the unrated song in the "5 star" playlist (the song shows unrated) and it's moved from the "unrated" playlist. Wow, it even confuses me.

Please say you understand what the heck I'm talking about and there is a fix. ?

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 02:38:08 am »

I know what this is.  This is the smartlist non-upload bug.  Myself and several others at the very least have trouble with MC updating playlists if no songs are uploaded.  What I do until they fix it is delete one song that is otherwise supposed to be on the iPod (according to your smartlists), then sync and then the playlists will be updated when the song is done uploading.  I'm pretty sure that the song you deleted doesn't need to be in every playlist in order for it to be updated.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 09:03:40 am »

Markl1959,

FirsakenArdor's advice is on the money. The file does not need to be in every (or any) playlist. We will review this and make modifications so this will be unnecessary in the future.

Steve

Markl1959

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 09:26:34 am »

Great, I'll try that out and see if it works. One other thing I've noticed, on my ipod, my playlists are sorted backwards. The top of the playlist starts Z through A then 9 through 0.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 10:37:50 am »

The sorting issue will be fixed tonight.

Thanks.

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 02:47:18 pm »

WooHoo!  Looking forward to it.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up