INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.60 Alpha  (Read 5710 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.60 Alpha
« on: November 18, 2005, 04:41:33 pm »

This is an alpha version of MC 11.1.

• It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.
  • Use it at your own risk and do not make it your first download of MC.

As always, please post only bugs here -- anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

Media Center 11.1 ALPHA is now available.  PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 ALPHA is here:
[ build pulled by JimH -- CD problems and other puzzling reports ]

11.1.60 (11/18/05)

1. Fixed: Changing the conversion mode for a portable device would not always stick.
2. Changed: When picking "Sync Now" and then being prompted to configure the sync, clicking OK will start the sync.
3. Fixed: When being prompted to configure a sync after clicking "Sync Now", and then cancelling the options page, the sync button would still show "Cancel Sync".
4. Fixed: When syncing through the Action Bin, once a device was fully synchronized, changes to a smartlist would not properly cause the device to be detected as unsynchronized.
5. Changed: Search control no longer puts more space between "friendly" tokens and regular tokens.
6. Fixed: Handheld communications with WMDM devices would be properly closed in some cases when closing the application.
7. Changed: Empty folders are always removed when erasing files from a a fixed-disk device. (not just when in sync mode)
8. New: Debug logging is incorporated into TV.
9. Changed: Added the "Add Device..." option to Options > Handhelds > Advanced. (also available via right-click Drives & Devices)
10. Fixed: In rare cases, multi-threaded database access could cause database corruption.
11. Changed: Playlists are sent to a device sorted by playlist name. (instead of unsorted)
12. Fixed: Copying album art from folders to iPod for files using Folder.jpg.
13. Changed: Included AudioLunchbox and CDBaby services by default. (can be turned off in Tools > Plugin Manager > Services)
14. Changed: Revamped the tree layout for plugins and services.
15. Fixed: Shutting down MC via a Windows shutdown would be considered an "Incomplete Shutdown."
16. NEW: MC now checks for playlist as well as file changes when checking if a device is fully synchronized.

11.1.59 (11/16/05)

1. Changed: Added a confirmation when changing tags by dropping on the tree / panes.
2. Fixed: Podcasts are now much more tolerant of non-RFC822 dates found in Feed XML files.
3. Fixed: Podcasts no longer become confused when the same Episode appears multiple times in a single Feed.
4. Changed: Devices flagged to be ignored (because they're unsupported or the user said to ignore) are not analyzed on startup. (helps performance and compatibility)
5. Fixed: Conversion / analysis wasn't working properly on some machines. (would go past 100%, etc.)
6. Fixed: When converting for a handheld transfer, art from files that used external art with relative paths (folder.jpg, etc.) wouldn't transfer properly.
7. Fixed: Handhelds wouldn't properly update after loading a new library while MC was running.
8. Changed: Column sizing now caps at a minimum size of 35 pixels.
9. Fixed: Drawing artifacts could appear when resizing columns on some systems.
10. Fixed: In some cases, replay gain could use the gain from one file back.
11. Fixed: When disconnecting and reconnecting a device during the same session, the upload path for music could add extra [Artist]\[Album] items. (check path in Options > Handheld > Advanced)
12. Fixed: Audible file playback on iPod.

11.1.58 (11/15/05)

1. Changed: The PDT can now specify devices that don't support folders (like the PSP) and Artist\Album folders won't be created on those devices.
2. Changed: Added more handheld logging to WMDM device initialization to help find and diagnose problems.
3. Optimized: Greatly improved file listing performance (up to 100x) and reduced memory usage when dealing with fixed drive devices. (or folders / laptops configured to look like devices)
4. Changed: Improved playlist support for fixed drive devices. (uses relative paths when playlists are at root, otherwise absolute paths)
5. Fixed: After deleting files from a device, the user's selection would not be cleared.
6. NEW: Album Art support for iPod.
7. Fixed: Ratings synching for all iPods would not always update MC correctly.

11.1.57 (11/14/05)

1. Changed: The initial "do you want to recognize this device" prompt uses a display name instead of a drive letter for removable devices. (i.e. Sony PSP vs Removable Drive (F:))
2. Fixed: The Sony PSP would not always load its settings from the PDT properly.
3. NEW: Path creation options are fully customizable for handhleds in Options > Handheld > Advanced. (on a per media type basis)
4. Changed: Removed right-click option for folder creation in removable drive type handhelds. (replaced by #3)
5. Fixed: Picking "Add Device..." and then clicking cancel right away would leave a non-visible device in the device list.
6. Changed: When doing "Add Device...", the user must now pick a path explicitly. (instead of defaulting to C:\ which would take a long time to analyze)
7. Changed: Fixed drive type device no longer support all audio formats by default so non-standard types will get converted. (supported types can be edited in Options > Handheld > Advanced)
8. Fixed: While a handheld was analyzing files on startup, Media Center would not gracefully cancel when closing. (would instead warn that it couldn't close until the action finished)

New Features in MC 11.1
Basic support for Podcasting
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.1.60 Alpha
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 04:49:09 pm »

Now this one looks like it's got some useful new stuff.  Sigh...

* glynor prepares to back up his database and take the 11.1 plunge.

Thanks guys!   ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 06:05:32 pm »

"14. Changed: Revamped the tree layout for plugins and services."

Can you put their playlists somewhere else? Or simply not create them.
Call me anal, but I have things in my tree the way I like them.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 07:41:41 pm »

They are recreated next time I open MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 07:44:03 pm »

Yes, and they are recreated next time I open MC.

I agree it's not too polite.  We'll take a look.

edbro

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 08:02:21 pm »

While in Library Browser if I select Play from any album in the Albums tab, MC immediately exits. After trying this several times, the next time I started MC it said my library was trashed and I had to create a new one.

Selecting Play for the same album works if I am in the Artist tab.

LonWar

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 08:05:17 pm »

"14. Changed: Revamped the tree layout for plugins and services."

Can you put their playlists somewhere else? Or simply not create them.
Call me anal, but I have things in my tree the way I like them.

Would also like to be able to Hide/Remove the Podcasts lists in the tree.

Thanks,
-

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 08:36:49 pm »

"15. Fixed: Shutting down MC via a Windows shutdown would be considered an "Incomplete Shutdown."

I just shutdown XP while MC was playing.
After the reboot, when opening MC, I get the imcomplete shutdown dialog box.

It would be a nice fix as MC is the only app I have that complains when I shutdown the system while it is running.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 09:08:00 pm »

11.1.60 (11/18/05)

4. Fixed: When syncing through the Action Bin, once a device was fully synchronized, changes to a smartlist would not properly cause the device to be detected as unsynchronized.

Working now for me.

11. Changed: Playlists are sent to a device sorted by playlist name. (instead of unsorted)

Same here.  Looking good on the ipod now.

12. Fixed: Copying album art from folders to iPod for files using Folder.jpg.

You finally nailed this one.  Working correctly for me now, thanks!

16. NEW: MC now checks for playlist as well as file changes when checking if a device is fully synchronized.

Same here, working fine with all my tests now.

This build fixed a lot of stuff that affected me, mucho appreciated!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 11:40:52 pm »

While in Library Browser if I select Play from any album in the Albums tab, MC immediately exits. After trying this several times, the next time I started MC it said my library was trashed and I had to create a new one.

Selecting Play for the same album works if I am in the Artist tab.

What's your "Jump on play" mode set to? (does it leave Library Browser as it's starting playback)

edbro

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 06:20:51 am »

What's your "Jump on play" mode set to? (does it leave Library Browser as it's starting playback)
Playing Now (always)

Mark Stega

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 06:27:16 am »

I upgrade .59 to .60;  On initial start it reported that the library was corrupt.  I tried to restore the library backup made with .59 and this was also reported as corrupt.

I imported my music tracks and re-enterred all of the album info and now it is OK.  But this feels like the identical problem  reported in previous alpha's.

betonmoewe

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 07:13:05 am »

Using 11.1.59 -> startup of MC was very fast every time and rest of my system worked normal

upgrade from 11.1.59 to 11.1.60 -> startup of MC last nearly forever ( > 1/4 hour) and then the hole system ist very SLOW as long as MC runs. If I close MC the windows closed but ther is still a proccess running (I have to kill it via task manager). After terminating MC via task manager the system returns to normal behaviour

I have reinstalled 11.1.60 again -> same behaviour

downgrade to 11.1.59 -> everything is fine again !!!!

very strange !!!

LonWar

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 07:31:56 am »

Using 11.1.59 -> startup of MC was very fast every time and rest of my system worked normal

upgrade from 11.1.59 to 11.1.60 -> startup of MC last nearly forever ( > 1/4 hour) and then the hole system ist very SLOW as long as MC runs. If I close MC the windows closed but ther is still a proccess running (I have to kill it via task manager). After terminating MC via task manager the system returns to normal behaviour

very strange !!!

What's your Sys info:

Help
System Info from MC
-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 08:20:01 am »

very strange !!!

Also, try turning on all logging in Help > Configure Debug Logging.  It should show what MC is working on when it's slow.  (send a log to matt @ jriver.com if you don't mind)

Thanks.

benjamin000

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 09:48:34 am »

During sync with Handled, if the file are on a CD or DVD ( in the DVD player) , MC says systematicly error and when the files are on the hard drive everything work perfect.

Log:
16:48:48: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Start
16:48:48: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Type: 0, Function: 2
16:48:48: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Finish (16 ms)
16:48:48: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::ProcessCommand: Finish (62 ms)

Bug?

lOth

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 10:03:38 am »

when uploading videos to an archos av420 the overall and per file progress percentages are wrong. It won't go past a certain number, e.g. 1%... 2%.... 1%... 2%.... It loops like this for a while, but eventually everything is uploaded fine. During the transfer though, it really looks like MC's choking on the beginning of each file and is unable to upload.

betonmoewe

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 10:20:15 am »

VERY STRANGE !!!

I have tried again to upgrade to .60. This time, when MC starts automaticly after installation I got a C++ runtime error:
----
Microsoft Visial C++ Runtime Error

Program c:\...\Media Center.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

----

And MC did not start.

After a reboot of my system I tried again to start MC but even after 40 minutes (and 98 - 99 % CPU use the whole time) nothing else happend.

Now I returned to .59 to get the system info and then I had the idea to turn on debugging here and make the upgrade with debugging on

SURPRISE !!!!

After the upgrade to .60 (with debugging on) everything works fine and without high CPU consumption!

I turned debugging off, closed MC and tried to start it again ..... the same old behaviour (high CPU and no MC window appeared even after waiting 1/4 hour)

i.e. -> no way to create a debug log with the faulty behaviour

Just tested: it works even with only the general debug enabled and all other options disabled.

I hope this information helps to find the bug ?!

Frank

----
System Info from 11.1.59:

Media Center Registered 11.1.59 -- C:\Programme\J River Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 1021 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 544 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive I: YAMAHA  CRW-F1E           Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-708A    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive L:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive I: YAMAHA   CRW-F1E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:44  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive J: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

------

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 01:07:30 pm »

hey IOth, how do u display last.fm recently played tracks??
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

lOth

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 02:21:09 pm »

hey IOth, how do u display last.fm recently played tracks??

Have a look there:

http://www.audioscrobbler.net/wiki/RecentlyPlayedImageV2

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 02:23:50 pm »

iPod smartlists are now properly synchronized, but I still get that nasty runtime error if I upload too many files.  Cover art creation is most definitely the cause of this, as all songs are uploaded fine but without covers.  I can delete a small amount of songs and upload them back and while I get a slight hang after they finish, they do have covers.

There's also this nasty new bug that resets my list view settings after I close MC.  Widths, fields, sorting, it's all reverted to default.  I thought it was just me because I had an install error and had to delete the MC directory and install again, but it keeps happening.  I have clicked on save view for all locations, but it doesn't stick after closing.

edbro

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005, 09:21:23 am »

I am also having major problems with CDs in this build. When trying to play burned cds MC will either tell me that "Playback Engine: Failed to open the file" or MC will immediately shut down upon selecting a CD. All cds are known to be good and play on other machines.  This same error occurs on 2 separate machines with this same build.

Media Center Registered 11.1.60 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1843 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 719 MB, Free - 395 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R2212   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005, 02:17:24 pm »

I am also having major problems with CDs in this build. When trying to play burned cds MC will either tell me that "Playback Engine: Failed to open the file" or MC will immediately shut down upon selecting a CD. All cds are known to be good and play on other machines.  This same error occurs on 2 separate machines with this same build.

Me too..... I'm also having this same problem.

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1602 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 581 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81.4916 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2800 / Shell32.dll: 5.0.3900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

LonWar

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2005, 02:30:55 pm »

When transfering files to a handheld, about 8,000 I get the runtime error,

MC Shows the files being transfered, but when you disconnect the pod, you can not see the files

-

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2005, 02:35:15 pm »

I'm having a problem with tags.  Last night I updated several files with tag information and images to fine that I lost half of them this morning.  Luckly I backed up my library midway.   I'm also having problems launching the Media Editor this morning.  I worked with it all day yesturday without a hitch. 

Now I get an Program Error

"Media Editor.ex.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to resart the program"

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1602 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 581 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81.4916 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2800 / Shell32.dll: 5.0.3900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Restarting Mc did not fix the problem.

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2005, 06:23:20 pm »

Me too..... I'm also having this same problem.

I had a weird problem not being able to play a CD with MC.  I just unchecked the box for "use digital playback" under devices.  I thought it was just my computer being unable to support digital playback.  Analog sounds just fine, maybe even better cause it's basically CD to soundcard to speakers instead of CD to motherboard to operating system to soundcard to speakers.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 03:03:39 pm »

With this version, the new Madonna CD crashes MC every time I go to access it (i.e. browse to it in the tree).

This happens with two different drives a DVD-RW drive and just a plain DVD drive.

The same disc has ripped fine on another machine that has the final release version of MC 11.0.

I had a look in Nero to see if it reported anything funny about the disc - it says it's got 1 session, it's just an audio CD with 12 tracks.

I turned the online CD lookup off just in case, but it made no difference. I've restarted MC, restarted the PC. No change.

This is probably the first disc I've tried to rip with MC 11.1.60. I've tried inserting others that it's already seen before, and it doesn't crash on those.

Media Center Registered 11.1.60 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2671 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 321 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive E: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-4120B  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive L: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-116   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4120B   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:6  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
Pages: [1]   Go Up