INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song Titles  (Read 995 times)

jerrbare

Song Titles
« on: November 21, 2005, 04:14:09 pm »

I have a number of wav files I am trying to burn.  The wave files show the names of the songs underneath the Heading "Names"
When burned,  inserting  the recorded CD into a computer and into Windows Media Center the song titles are not displayed.  It shows a Track Number instead.  I have "Write-CD text" checked under burn options.  When I use Ahead Nero the song titles are transfered to the CD with no problem.  I want the "crossfade" feature and that is why I want to do it with MC.
I have a few Data files and  jpg file I am also trying to put on this same CD.  I don't see how to do this.  I was going to burn everything to a CD-RW and then try to do a copy to a CD-R.
In other words,  I am trying to make a demo CD with songs that our band has recorded along with a picture and some data files i.e. (song list, bio's, and contact info).  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerrbare

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: Song Titles
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 04:54:02 pm »

I have a few Data files and  jpg file I am also trying to put on this same CD.  I don't see how to do this.  I was going to burn everything to a CD-RW and then try to do a copy to a CD-R.
In other words,  I am trying to make a demo CD with songs that our band has recorded along with a picture and some data files i.e. (song list, bio's, and contact info).  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerrbare

Some one else may be able to help you with the other stuff.. but on the data files bit,
If i get what your saying correctly your trying to write an Audio CD that plays in a conventional
CD Player correct?  If so to have data files on the CD also the CD would need to be multi-layered,
which as far as I know MC doesn't support. (someone poke me if i'm wrong!)

If on the other hand you want to write a Data CD which contains audio files, which can only be read by computers (or CD Players which support the audio data type to be written),
then you can just drag and drop the extra non-audio files from windows explorer on to the burning area in MC.

jerrbare

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 05:30:38 pm »

Thank you Mr ChriZ.  I guess this is how you reply back.  I am new at these Forums.  I will try the drag and drop. 
Now I just need help on transfering the song titles.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 05:32:51 pm »

I have a number of wav files I am trying to burn. The wave files show the names of the songs underneath the Heading "Names". When burned, inserting the recorded CD into a computer and into Windows Media Center the song titles are not displayed. It shows a Track Number instead. I have "Write-CD text" checked under burn options.

Last time I tried CD text it worked. Have you tagged the wave files inside the MC library? If you have, then perhaps MC needs physical file tags. You could first convert the wave files to a taggable lossless format, like Monkey's Audio.

When I use Ahead Nero the song titles are transfered to the CD with no problem. I want the "crossfade" feature and that is why I want to do it with MC.
I have a few Data files and jpg file I am also trying to put on this same CD. I don't see how to do this. I was going to burn everything to a CD-RW and then try to do a copy to a CD-R.
In other words, I am trying to make a demo CD with songs that our band has recorded along with a picture and some data files i.e. (song list, bio's, and contact info). Any help would be appreciated.

MC has only relatively simple burning tools. For making what you want you need a dedicated burning program. With Nero you can burn discs in the CD Extra format. This form of a mixed mode CD contains two sessions. The first session can contain up to 98 audio tracks and the second session contains the data track. Audio CD players can see only the first session. Most CD-ROM drives can see both sessions and it depends on the software used what actually can be accessed on a computer. Because file browsers can usually see only the data session I would include additional copies of the music files. MP3 @ 320 kbps would provide high quality and compatibility with all player programs and operating systems.

I think you could first burn a normal Audio CD with MC for applying the crossfade effect. After that you could rip the burned CD and use the new wave files when making the CD Extra disc. Remember to change the track pauses inside the Nero's burning dialog from 2 s to zero. You may want to use rewritable discs for testing.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jerrbare

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 03:26:39 am »

Thank you Alex B.  I just got back on the computer.  It is real late and I must get some shut eye.  I like what you wrote and I will look into this tomorrow.

Jerrbare
Pages: [1]   Go Up