INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon Cover Art Plugin  (Read 19074 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Amazon Cover Art Plugin
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2005, 05:53:06 pm »

I Guess No One Can Find Anything Wrong With The Plug-In?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dcwebman

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2005, 09:24:48 am »

I haven't had to do covers lately but tried the new version and it seems to work for me. I was confused at first about the Browse Cover Art tab because I was clicking List by Artist and nothing was showing up on that tab. I was using a couple obscure artists so when I tried a more popular artist I understood how it worked. I have to rebuild my server over the holidays so will run it again on all my files so the cover art can be uploaded.
Jeff

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2005, 11:27:52 pm »

Not Sure Why You Would Be Seeing Red X's Mine Showed Up Fine With The New Betas. Are They External Art? If So Your Path To The Image Is Broken Or The Image Has Been Deleted This Could Happen If You Moved The Art Folder Path Or You Deleted Something You Should Not Have (I Did That Last Night With My Raid Drivers).

I'm keeping my art as folder.jpg files in the album folders. When the little red X (missing file) image appears instead of the album art, I've checked and the art is still in the album folder. However, you're probably right that the Image Path associated with the MP3 in MC may not be correct and got broken at some point -- I'm not sure what the quickest way to reset the Image Path is, though, for a ton of files -- I highlighted all of my tracks and then ran "Image - Quick Find in File," expecting that this would look in every folder and reset the path for any Images that were no longer correctly associated with the file, but this didn't do the trick (as far as fixing the "missing" files). However, I'll have to take a closer look at the actual Image Path addresses for the tracks where the cover art is appearing in MC, because I can't say for sure if this (broken paths) is the universal problem I'm having or not.

As for your Cover Art plug-in, it's working quite well for me except for the speed. Like others here, I had it run overnight, and apparently uploaded a lot of cover art and downloaded some as well. But running it all night only got me about 1/4 of the way through my library ... For me, the big slow down seemed like it was because the plug-in was trying to find and upload or download the cover art for every single track one at a time, even when there where multiple tracks from a single album and even when I already had the art -- so, for instance, it would would spend 25 seconds on Track 1 of the Beatle's White Album, and then 25 seconds on Track 2, and so on -- sometimes (seemingly) even going back to a previous track a second time -- instead of just zipping along and associating all the album tracks with the album art once the art for the album had been found.... That's just a casual observation, though, and I could be way off base about what was actually happening, but it's defintely far slower (for me) than your old Cover Art plug-in (but also more accurate from the look of the results I was getting).

I haven'tried the latest build of your plug-in or the newest MC Beta yet, so perhaps all of the above are going to set themselves right once I get around to installing the new stuff. :D

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2005, 06:53:52 am »

I haven'tried the latest build of your plug-in

Look On The First Page In The Plug-In What Version Does It Say It Is.

Last Night Someone Was Using A Old version.

And What Options Do You Have Turned On? Any?

It May Upload Your Cover Art Upto 3 Times To The Server.

It Also Does Download Art For Each File If You Need Art, That Could Be A Bit Better.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2005, 06:12:30 pm »

3.0.2 In Some Cases The Plug-in Would Save The Cover Art In The Wrong Place If The User Fields (Artist, Album, And Name) Were Blank.
3.0.2 Due To Users Who Refuse To Download New Versions Older Versions Will No Longer Work.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2005, 11:48:50 pm »

Using 3.01, ran the program and it did seem faster than before.

I Left it on for about 20 hours while I was away and when I came back it had finished every single file in my database. I did not choose any options -- left everything in the program on default.

End result, according to the status bar on the event log:

Data Received: blank
Data Sent: 116,250

I'll try 3.02 (or .03 or wherever you're at)  next if I can find the time....

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2005, 12:29:26 am »

Now using Cover ArtFinder 3 - 3.0.2

I hadn't tried using the Manual look-up parts of the plug-in yet, so I gave them a chance.... But what I found was that on my system (Windows XP, MC 11.1) was that when clicking on things like "List by album,""List by Artist," "View Selected" did not produce any-sort of discernible or tangible results. To get the manual options working do I need to do something other than having all the music files listed in Playing Now in MC?

Likewise, I'm now having trouble getting anything to appear in the "Search Cover Art" screen. Before, when I clicked on the "Artists & Album" button on this page I would get the plug-in window that would be the correct webpage from the music store (if the album was found). With my latest tests, however, nothing seems to be happening.

(Also, I've never been able to figure out how I'm ideally supposed to be using the drag and drop features on the "Browse Cover Art" and "Search Cover Art" pages -- dragging and dropping from where to where, etc.: from an Explorer window or from within MC? Admittedly I haven't played around with this much at all, but some basic directions could perhaps be of use inside the program ... which isn't a big deal to me in and of  itself, but I'm feeling like I must be missing out on the Big Picture here since so much is escaping my grasp all of a sudden.)

Note: Just for the heck of it I reinstalled the old Cover Art Finder (version 2.0.0) and it was running really fast and downloading quite a bit of art from Amazon.com for me. I was impressed that it's not only still working with the current version of MC, but that it was actually finding so much cover art. I haven't checked to see how great it's doing in terms of accuracy, although it looked to be doing okay-- and was finding more art for my files than Cover Art Finder 3, (and faster). That's not to say that I'm not excited as all get out about CAF 3, just that your old plug-in is still quite relevant and please don't cripple it until version 3 is the ready to truly take over the royal plug-in throne.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2005, 06:56:54 am »

Data Received: blank
Data Sent: 116,250

Actually It Did Not Send Anything Also Because It Never Logged In Correctly.

If it does not say 3.0.2 it will not work as i posted two days ago. If you go to the plug-in make sure it tells you 3.02 at the top of the page.

I may need to put some sort of message in the program if it does not log in correctly so it does not wast your time. I am not sure what it tells you now but it should report error in the log file.

IP xx.231.13.222 has been cranking away for 2 days with the wrong version that does not work also. so if this is you your using the wrong version.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2005, 10:37:01 am »

3.0.3 Fixed: Program Was Not informing The User There Was No Connection, And Was Acting Like It Was Working Properly.

3.0.2 Can Still Be Used (For A Few Days)
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2005, 01:06:22 pm »

I am getting ready to run this program - a few quick questions - I don't see an option for saving the art - where does this go - I want it to goto the folder with the MP3's and be saved as folder.  Is this an option? 

Thankls.

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2005, 01:42:53 pm »

One other request - I would like to replace my art if you have a better one on your server - but if you don't , I don't want it to do a thing.

Can you make this an option - I don't always want to overwrite my art - this will dramatically slow the program down and I don't want to to that.  Or is this how it works by default?

Thanks again.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2005, 02:07:32 pm »

I am getting ready to run this program - a few quick questions - I don't see an option for saving the art - where does this go - I want it to goto the folder with the MP3's and be saved as folder.  Is this an option? 

Thankls.

the program checks the following location in the registry

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\Properties\File Location - Image File Location Rule"

So It Should Go To Where Ever You Have Media Center Set For.

Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2005, 02:11:07 pm »

One other request - I would like to replace my art if you have a better one on your server - but if you don't , I don't want it to do a thing.

Can you make this an option - I don't always want to overwrite my art - this will dramatically slow the program down and I don't want to to that.  Or is this how it works by default?

Thanks again.

There Is A Option To Select The Largest Art Found.

This Is Not A Guarantee that it will be the best art, there is no way of doing what you requested since this art is submitted by users.

there is a manual mode and that is the best way of selecting the best art the server has.

The Program will not overwrite any of your art, unless you have "Always Get Art Checked". And If So It Will Get Art Only After It Has Uploaded Your Art To the Server. Then It Will Get Art As To Your Settings In the Program. If It Selects Your Art That Is On The Server As The Best Per Your Settings, It Will Not Download It, It Will Just Move To The Next Media File (in batch Mode).
Fayetteville, NC, USA

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2005, 11:38:19 pm »

How would the tool know?

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2005, 11:41:06 pm »

King, I installed and let the tool run overnight on all selections I have.
I watched for awhile and it was doing well.
When I woke up, I looked and the log showed a string of DisConnected
I tried a few random selections and the art was submitted, it was not found on the server.
No internet problems on my side during that time, just wondering if several 1000 entries are too many at one time?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2005, 06:07:43 am »

just wondering if several 1000 entries are too many at one time?

No

No Clue, The Server Is Working Fine And My Batch Completed Last Night Without Error.

I Do Find It Amazing That Someone Is Still Using A Old Version That Does Not Work Like IP: xx.231.13.222.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2005, 11:52:44 am »

3.0.4 A User Made A Comment That The Image Was Flashing Too Fast in Batch Mode To The Default "No Image" Picture. There Is Now A Option That You Can Change This Will Stop The Display Of The "No Image" Picture And Will Only Update When A New Cover Art Is Found In Your Media Files Or From the Server.
3.0.4 When Pressing The "View All" Button In Manual Mode The Plug-In Would Continue To Log-In And Out. Now The Plug-In Will Stay Logged In Until All Images Are Downloaded.
3.0.4. Removed The Prompt When You Press Download And Apply Image, The Plug-In Will "Just Do It" Now.
3.0.4 When You Delete A Image From The Server By Dragging And Dropping It When Your Viewing The Images From The "Browse Cover Art" Tab In A Browser Window. The Plug In Will Now Longer Download Images It Already Has Downloaded. It Will Simply Update The Browser Window With The Images It Already Has (Much Quicker).
3.0.4 Blaa Blaa Blaa A Picture From A Current Artist Should Only Download It Once No Matter What You Do
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2005, 01:55:42 pm »

3.0.5 The Plug-In Will Now Look At Your Art On Your Hard Drive, And Compare The File Size Of It With The Art That Is To be Downloaded If It Is The Same. The Plug-In Will Apply The Local Art To The File. If It Is Not The Same, It Will First Look In The Plug-In Download Folder If It Is There The Plug-In Will Use What Has Already been Downloaded. If The Art Is Not Found Local Or the Size Is Not The Same, The Plug-in Will Download The Selected Art. This Should Speed up the Program Allot.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2005, 05:16:53 pm »

Hi King - I started using this and I think I see that you are going to run into problems - a few things I observed:

1 - I noticed that when I upload art that you don't have, the program seems to associates the image with every song on that album.

2 - I had a multiple artist album - it found a song that was associated with art by the band name but not the album name (it found the name of the artist - but not the name of the Album that this particular song was on).  It then went on to associate that incorrect art with every other song on that album and it seemed to upload this incorrect data up to your database.  I went back and manually deleted it from MC, my disc, and hopefully your database - by deleting it manually through your program but I am not sure if that worked on your end.

It seems that this type of system will associate or be constantly updating or reassigning art as users upload.  I don't know how to get around this - you certainly can't just search by album title - becasue then you could have greatest hits multiple times but it doesn't seem to work well with multiple artists cds.....

I am not sure if I am clear but this is what I think your program does:

As an example - Artist - ACDC - Album - Back in Black - song - Hells Bells - your cover art associates this song with the cover art for Back in Black.  Then someone will search for a multiple artist album - Hard Rock Hits - Artist - ACDC - Song - Hells Bells - now your finder associates all the songs on my Hard Rock Hits - with the Back in Black Cover. 

I then think it updates each song - so now if there was a song by the Scorpions - Rock you like a hurricane - on my Hard Rock Hits album -  If someone looks for that song (rock you like a hurricane) - then the ACDC album cover would be associated with that and would go to the user - even though it is wrong.

I am not sure if this is how it works but It seemed to me that is how it was going - I know that it definitly was assigning art to one of my multiple artist albums - that was incorrect for the album - but was correct for one of the songs.

I was actually thinking of running all my mulitple artist albums - with only one song in the playlist so that way if it located the album it only would mess up the art with one file if it was incorrect.

I was probably going to do this with my single artist albums also - since it takes so long to look at each song on the album - if I can get the art using one song I don't need it to look at each album.

I hope this makes sense - but I would hate to see this mess up someone's art files - or mess up your database.  I could be completely wrong too.....

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2005, 06:15:17 pm »

As I Said Before

It Is best To Select, Album This Looks Up By The Artist And Album

Like "/B/Beatles/Album/WhiteAlbum/xxxxxx.jpg

It Is Not As Good If you Select

Name (Loose)

"/B/Beatles/Name/Help/xxxxxx.jpg

Or Artist (Looser)

"/B/Beatles/Artist/Beatles/xxxxxx.jpg

Users May Have Incorrect Art And It May Give You Incorrect Art

A Users Art Is Not Over Written If They Have Art (Unless You Over Ride It) By Selecting Always Download.

If You Have Media Center Set As "Folder.jpg" This May be Bad Since It Only Takes One Wrong Album Art To Mess The Album Up.

I Am Not Sure I Understand the Problem But If You Can Send Me A List Of All the Songs Involved By File Name, And What Is In the 3 Major Fields "Artist", "Name" And "Album" In E-mail Or PM Here I Will Look At What It Is Doing.

There Are Other Issues That Can Cause Bad Matches But Most Of It Is If A user Uses Loose And Looser.

The Final Outcome Of All this Is: Manual Mode Is Best And A User Can Correct The Server By Deleteing The Wrong Art If They Wish.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2005, 09:33:54 pm »

Hey - I am just trying to help - no need to try to make me feel like an idiot - I am just telling you what I saw happen.  I do have the settings - Artist/Album - set as you previously mentioned.

As for overwriting art - that is why I suggested putting in option that doesn't always overwrite - instead skip getting the art from the server if there is already art in the folder / or  it if the art in the folder is larger,etc.

As for the one instance that I noticed and stopped it before it overwrote all my files or messed up your database - The album I have is - AM GOLD 1969 - song # 13 - Jay And The Americans - This Magic Moment - once your program identified this song on the album - it assigned Jay and The Americans Greatest Hits cover art to this folder on my computer and associated all the songs on AM GOLD 1969 - with that art - as I previously mentioned - I took the time to go back and manually delete these through your program so they wouldn't be messed up in your database........

And with 38,000K+ songs - manual mode is not an option for me - and as far as uploading all my art to your server - If you have to catalog everyone of the songs to a picture (becasue when I was watching your program run - it uploaded the same image for each song on an album)- as opposed to once per ARTIST/ALBUM - It probably would take over a week to be done.

Like I initially said - just trying to help........

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Amazon Cover Art Plug-in
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2005, 07:51:48 am »

Hey - I am just trying to help - no need to try to make me feel like an idiot - I am just telling you what I saw happen.  I do have the settings - Artist/Album - set as you previously mentioned.

I Don't know where you got this from.

As for overwriting art - that is why I suggested putting in option that doesn't always overwrite - instead skip getting the art from the server if there is already art in the folder / or  it if the art in the folder is larger,etc.

I Just Checked It Does Not Overwrite Art If You Have Art Unless You Tell It To, However If One Of The Media Files In That Album Does Not Have Art It May (Depending On Settings). So What I Have Done Is Add A Line Of Code That Will Check For Art That You Already Have For That Album. If It Finds It Then It Will Use Local Art You Already Have.

It Should Show Up like This Below (Depending On Your MC Settings) In The Log After Attempting To Upload Your Art

Using Art In Cover Art Folder: C:\Cover Art\Garth Brooks - Fresh Horses.jpg
Or
Using Art In Cover Art Folder: C:\My Music\Garth Brooks\Garth Brooks - Fresh Horses.jpg
Or
Using Art In Cover Art Folder: C:\My Music\Garth Brooks\Folder.jpg

Please Let Me Know If That Works Better For You, It Seems To Be Working Better Here Now.

As for the one instance that I noticed and stopped it before it overwrote all my files or messed up your database - The album I have is - AM GOLD 1969 - song # 13 - Jay And The Americans - This Magic Moment - once your program identified this song on the album - it assigned Jay and The Americans Greatest Hits cover art to this folder on my computer and associated all the songs on AM GOLD 1969 - with that art - as I previously mentioned - I took the time to go back and manually delete these through your program so they wouldn't be messed up in your database........

It Will Not Do That Unless A User Uploads The Art For "Jay and The Americans Greatest Hits" As "AM GOLD 1969" There Is No Way To Keep A User From Doing This. If A User Uploads Art For That Album That Is Wrong That's How It Will be, Wrong.

I Was thinking At Some Point Refuse Uploading Of Any More Images For A Album Once The Server Has Good Art For That Album. But That Would Be Sometime Down The Road. But I Was Thinking Maybe Limiting The Number Of Images In A Folder Like For A Album Limit Of 5, Song Limit Of 10 And Artist Limit it to 50. And That Could Easily Be Done. Right Now I Need To Collect As Much Art As I Can.

And with 38,000K+ songs - manual mode is not an option for me - and as far as uploading all my art to your server - If you have to catalog everyone of the songs to a picture (because when I was watching your program run - it uploaded the same image for each song on an album)- as opposed to once per ARTIST/ALBUM - It probably would take over a week to be done.

38,000 May Take Some Time But I Would Like The Art Work.  ;D

It Uploads The File 3 Times Under Album Name, Song Name And Artist Name. If It Has Already Been Uploaded Under Album Name Or Artist Name It Does Not Upload It Again. It Will However Upload It For Each Song Name However Since This Will Be Used To Allow Users To Match That With Art Even If The Album Name Maybe Different. And That's Why A User Should Used The Preferred "Album\Artist" Mode.

The Program Also Uploads Some Text Files:

ArtistName.txt, AlbumName.txt, And SongName.txt To The Folders That Do Not Already Have The Text. This Is So In The Future I Can Scan The Folders And Get Text Information About What Should Be In That Folder. And If It Is Not The Same As The text Info I Can Delete The Cover Art. Basically To Clean Things Up A Bit.

It Would be Nice If If Getting Art Was A Perfect World Bu No Matter What Using This Or MC's Cover Art Finder, You Will Always Have A Chance That The Art Is Not Correct For Your Music. As A Matter Of Fact The Same Album May Have Different Art Depending On What Year The New Burn Was Done In And They Changed The Art For Some Given Reason.

I Have Thought Using OCR (Character Recognition) Software Could Scan The Album Art And Figure Out What The Art Actually Is For. That Would Be Cool but I Don't Have A Load Of Money Laying Around. One Control I Looked At They Wanted Over $5,000 For they Must be On Some Sort Of Drugs.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2005, 10:29:11 am »

Hey King,

Thanks for your response - I guess it was the tone of your previous response - that got me a bit - or it could have been just a bad day - anyway.....

there is art coming your way.......  :)

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2005, 10:47:28 am »

Okay King,

Wanted to test - using version 306 - uploaded a cover to you - it appears to have uploaded the same file 12 times (number of songs on the album is 10).  I don't know of a better way to post this info so here is the log (I apologize in advance):  It took about
4 to 5 minutes for this to process - at 2770 albums - that isn't quick......

I will post the results I get when I check for that album on your site next.

Connected...
Remote File Does Not Exist: 30048.jpg
Sending File: 30048.jpg
File Sent: 30048.jpg
Remote File Does Not Exist: AlbumName.txt
Sending File: AlbumName.txt
File Sent: AlbumName.txt
Remote File Does Not Exist: ArtistName.txt
Sending File: ArtistName.txt
File Sent: ArtistName.txt
Remote File Does Not Exist: SongName.txt
Sending File: SongName.txt
File Sent: SongName.txt
Looking For: W/weirdalyankovic/Artist/weirdalyankovic/30048.jpg
Looking For: W/weirdalyankovic/Album/polkaparty/*.*
Looking For: W/weirdalyankovic/Album/polkaparty/30048.jpg
File Exists: W/weirdalyankovic/Album/polkaparty/30048.jpg
File Exists: W/weirdalyankovic/Artist/weirdalyankovic/30048.jpg
Done With Batch...
DisConnected...

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2005, 10:53:36 am »

Here is the check for art results - only took about a minute - so that is quicker - but I never got the notice:

Using Art In Cover Art Folder: C:\Cover Art\Garth Brooks - Fresh Horses.jpg
Or
Using Art In Cover Art Folder: C:\My Music\Garth Brooks\Garth Brooks - Fresh Horses.jpg
Or
Using Art In Cover Art Folder: C:\My Music\Garth Brooks\Folder.jpg

Here is the event log:

Connected...

[Edited]

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2005, 11:18:18 am »

I guess it was the tone of your previous response

Thats Just Me, I Often Come Across Wrong, My Wife Tells Me Its Not What I Say It Is How I Say It. I Sometimes Use A Shotgun When I Should Be Using A SpitBall.

Wanted to test - using version 306 - uploaded a cover to you - it appears to have uploaded the same file 12 times (number of songs on the album is 10).

That Would Be Correct, At Least It Was Not 30 times, And That Would Be A Waste.

I Tweeked It A bit More, 3.0.7 May Be A Bit Better.

I Think My Provider Is Having Some Problems.

BTW what is your max upload and download Speed? Dialup, Cable, DSL?

Currently My Upload Speed Is 5MBits
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2005, 11:45:33 am »

I have cable - about 650 kbps dl and 500 ul - of course depending on time of day and what else I am running....

I will get the newer version and continue sending you art.....

unfortunately all the art that I am missing you do not have - at some point I will have to go on the web and do a manual search - but that won't be for a while....

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Amazon Cover Art Plug in
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2005, 11:54:24 am »

Well With More People Uploading Art That May Get Better

Well I Guess I Need To Go get Ready For A Work Related Christmas Party (I Am On Vacation).
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2005, 03:17:26 pm »

The newest version (3.0.7) doesn't seem to be working correctly - when on auto batch - when the album changed - it didn't change to the art in that folder - it used the art for the first CD on the now playing list.

I also checked this with the manual option and it is the same.

The album art for the current album is not displayed in the little cover art window - it only shows the first one.

When there are 2 pictures associated with a song - Any way to just make them appear when you highlight or click the jpeg  - as opposed to having to click - view selected picture?

I have a question about the browse cover art page also - it displays both the jpg's mentioned on the main page - but there is also another picture there - it says folder.jpg - but it isn't the artwork from the current folder - it is displaying a duplicate of one of the existing files.  When you drag the one that is folder.jpg to the trash bin - it asks if you want to delete it - but it doesn't - but once you do this you can't delete any of the other ones (the ones listed from your site).  So I don't think this part of the program is working correctly.

Another question - on the manual buttons - when you select delete image - does this delete it from your server - becasue it doesn't seem that it logs back in and does that.

I caught the autobatch before it did more than 3 albums - I don't know how easy it is for you to manually locate/delete files from your server - but if you can - delete the images associated with the following albums:  Ultra-Lounge Christmas Cocktails; 4Him - The Season of Love; Vince Gill - Let There Be Peace On Earth.

Hope this helps.  I haven't run any more albums until you take a look at it.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2005, 03:41:33 pm »

Ooops

I Forgot to clear a string

And i was thinking about this on the way home from the short party too.

Should work now..
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2005, 04:11:08 pm »

I have a question about the browse cover art page also - it displays both the jpg's mentioned on the main page - but there is also another picture there - it says folder.jpg - but it isn't the artwork from the current folder - it is displaying a duplicate of one of the existing files.  When you drag the one that is folder.jpg to the trash bin - it asks if you want to delete it - but it doesn't - but once you do this you can't delete any of the other ones (the ones listed from your site).  So I don't think this part of the program is working correctly.

That Should Not Be, Since That Page Only Gets The File Name From The Listing, But Maybe Me Not Clearing That Var May Have Created A Problem With The Current Art. I Just Tested It It Seems To Be Working So Maybe That Was The Problem.

Another question - on the manual buttons - when you select delete image - does this delete it from your server - becasue it doesn't seem that it logs back in and does that.

Yes, Here I Deleted A Smaller Image That Had A Better Larger One.

Connected...
Remote File Exists: 7801.jpg
Deleted: 7801.jpg
DisConnected...

Here Is Where You Deleted A File (From My Server Log) This Deleted It From The Album Folder, It Does Not Delete It From "Name" Or "Artist" Folder You Would Need To Push The "NAME" Or "Artist" Button To View The Files And Then Delete It For Each Folder.

I May Ask In The Future "Is This The Correct Artist?" If The User Ansers "No" Then Delete The Same Images From All 3 Folders.

4:16:32 PM - xx.181.122.46 - CoverArtFinder307 > DELE 1518937.jpg
4:16:32 PM - xx.181.122.46 - CoverArtFinder307 > asked to delete 'D:\FTP\Cover Art\0\4him\Album\seasonoflove\1518937.jpg' --> Access allowed.
4:16:32 PM - xx.181.122.46 - CoverArtFinder307 > 250 File/Dir '/0/4him/Album/seasonoflove/1518937.jpg' deleted.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2005, 06:30:29 pm »

Only Ver 3.0.9 Will Connect To The Server Now

Fixed A Problem I Created In 3.0.8 (Cover Art Would Not Download)
Added: When You Delete A File Via "Delete File" Button The Program Will Ask You If The Art Is For The Correct Artist, If You Select "NO" It Will Delete That Art From The 3 Folders (Artist, Name, Album). If You Select "Yes" The Program Will Ask Are You Sure? If "Yes" It Will Delete The Image For The Folder Only.
Added: If The Image Your Deleting Is The Same As Your Current Art Then The Plug-In Will Ask You If You Wish To Delete It Also
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2005, 12:21:59 pm »

I went back and manually deleted the wrong art for the 3 albums mentioned in the album/artist/song sections. 

One suggestion/recommendation - In the manual window - I know the default is the album art (as opposed to the artist/song) - would it be possible to highlight that bar so it is more intuitive as to what art you are looking at - album/artist/song

and along those lines - let's say I wanted to look at all artists - once I choose this can it be the default for the manual window - so it brings up the art by artists - this way it doesn't have to load by album - then load again by artist? 

It would also help to have some sort of indicater on the manual page - when it is connecting to the server - becasue if you click the buttons another button on the screen after you have pushed one - (and it is still working) - it causes a runtime 5 error.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2005, 02:06:42 pm »

I went back and manually deleted the wrong art for the 3 albums mentioned in the album/artist/song sections.
Ok, Fixed 

One suggestion/recommendation - In the manual window - I know the default is the album art (as opposed to the artist/song) - would it be possible to highlight that bar so it is more intuitive as to what art you are looking at - album/artist/song
Ok Should Be Fixed

and along those lines - let's say I wanted to look at all artists - once I choose this can it be the default for the manual window - so it brings up the art by artists - this way it doesn't have to load by album - then load again by artist?
I Think You Ment "All Albums" Ok Sure Can

It would also help to have some sort of indicater on the manual page - when it is connecting to the server - becasue if you click the buttons another button on the screen after you have pushed one - (and it is still working) - it causes a runtime 5 error.
Ok, Fixed

The Next Build 3.0.10 Should Have All Of The Above Or Fixed
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2005, 02:48:05 pm »

Avail Now

Version 3.0.10
Added: Default & Highlighted "Album", "Artist", "Song" Buttons So When You Press A Button It Now Becomes The Default View, The Active View Is Also Highlighted, The Plug-In Will Also Remember This Default Every Time You Use It Until You Press Another Button Then That Becomes Default.
Added: More Messages On The Status Bar.
Changed\Fixed: When You Use An Option Other Buttons Are Disabled Until The Operation Is Complete.
Added\Fixed: Each Sub Has A Error Trap Now.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2005, 03:58:26 pm »

broncodan

I think when art was replaced before was\maybe due to you using "folder.jpg" in MC as a way of saving your images. and when the plug in replaced one of the cover art files it replaced the folder.jpg file.

i don't think that will happen now since the plug-in checks to see if there is a file already on your local drive that it can use. if so it does not download a file from the server. actually this also speeds things up a bit too.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2005, 06:00:54 pm »

Okay - 310 - looks good - but I don't think something is working with the download and apply option.

Here is my Media Center setting for images:

Track image location - next to file(Folder.jpg)

I took coldplay - parachutes - which I have a low quality image - I uploaded it to the server - first off - it didn't upgrade my art to the larger image (I have that option selected in CAF3).

I then manually looked at all the other ones - and found one that was better - selected it - download and apply - the art in my folder doesn't change - BUT now in my image file column - where it just indicated - folder.jpg (notice the spelling - lower case)- it now actually has the path of the folder where the CD is located with the file noted as Folder.jpg (now capitalized)- when I goto that folder - I still have my old image.

I looked at the event list and it appears that it is downloading the file but I can't locate it anywhere on my computer (I have ran a search through explorer).

so it appears that there is still some sort of problem.

as an fyi - the image number I uploaded for coldplay - parachutes - registered as 5660. 

If you would rather correspond via email let me know and I will Pm you my email address - if that works better.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2005, 06:03:39 pm »

Okay - 310 - looks good - but I don't think something is working with the download and apply option.

Right, I Found That About 30 Mins Ago, It Is Fixed 3.0.11 (Now Aval)

I think that addresses everything todate

Version 3.0.11
Fixed: If There Was No Art The Plug-in Would Forget What Was Default
Fixed: The Trash Can Was Not Disabled When The Plug-In Was Working
Fixed: When In Manual Mode If you Deleted Art, Or When You Click Download And Apply The Plug-In Was Finding The Local Art, Since Your Requesting Art From The Server Manually It Should Always 1. Check To See If The Requested Art Is Already Downloaded And if Not Then Download From Remote, But It Should Not Find your Old Art.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2005, 06:04:25 pm »

just a quick thought - could this be a "read only" setting error - I think all my folders are set to read only?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2005, 06:05:58 pm »

just a quick thought - could this be a "read only" setting error - I think all my folders are set to read only?

that could also create that problem (i think)

If you have the same problem with 3.0.11 it prob is the write protect
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2005, 06:12:08 pm »

By the way, I want to thank you for helping debug this thing, and adding your own ideas, I think it has been very fruitful
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2005, 06:24:04 pm »

No problem - I appreciate all your other plug-ins and am glad I could help.

Version 3.11 - seems to work correctly - automatically get larger image - and able to download and apply image manually

I did test the read only thing - it does prevent it from working if the file (folder.jpg) is read only - if just the folder is then it works fine.  I don't know if there is something that you can do to force the change - or you might want to mention it on the set up page.

I know you have so much free time but if you need other ideas for plug-ins - I have a request - I don't know if you have heard of Musicmagic Mixer - by Predixis - but what it does is via an acoustic anaylsis done on your collection - it then can create playlist based on certain variables entered by the user i.e. - song, artist, genre, mood, etc.  They have a headless version for this type of thing. Someone has made a plug-in for winamp - and it will already send the playlist to MC to play - but it would be nice if it was built in (or plugged in). 

Even if you don't I recommend you check it out - if you have a large music collection it is very handy to find songs that you haven't heard in a while or songs that are similar to the ones you like that you may have never heard.

Anyway - I am going to start uploading my art to you - a genre at a time... :)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2005, 06:45:30 pm »

Ok, i did find something else

Fixed: when slecting View all art, the plug-in was logging in and out. I broke this a few builds back (i commented out the part to make it work correctly).
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2005, 04:43:32 am »

Boy, these new builds are coming out fast and furious.... Every time I check back I'm a build or two behind.   ;)

Seems to be working much better now, though. Much, much faster. It's still not finding a lot of art for my collection, but it it finds at least something new every day and seems to be uploading okay as well.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2005, 07:15:14 am »

Boy, these new builds are coming out fast and furious....

I make mistakes...

;D
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2005, 09:53:36 pm »

okay - I think I found another one - the get larger art if it exists - doesn't work in the auto batch mode - it works in the manual mode but not in auto mode.  I have gone through 8k songs - with about 1000 pics - and not one of them updated - so I manually checked a few of my smaller pictures and there are indeed larger pictures available.

Can you confirm this?  Thanks.

By the way - it pretty much took 8+ hours for 4000 songs - if someone is trying to calculate it out......

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2005, 09:57:36 pm »

p.s. - I am pretty much going to hold off on any more - since I want to get this fixed before I do anymore - I want to rerun my files - to check for the updates.

As an fyi - the program is much faster once you have uploaded the art - I would say about 1 -2 minutes per album since it is only checking.

Thanks again.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2005, 05:58:48 am »

so I manually checked a few of my smaller pictures and there are indeed larger pictures available.

Well That Is Because It Is Finding The Local File On Your Hard Drive. This Was Something We Added So It Would Not Overwrite Your Art You Already Had.

I Just Checked And This Should Be True.

For It To Download You Would Need To Check "Always Get Art" And This Will Always Get Art If It Is Bigger Than Yours. If Your Art Is The Largest It Will Not Download.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2005, 10:05:27 am »

Hi King,

I do have the option checked - After uploading my art that the server does not have check server art & always get art (overwrite my art). 

This is the option that I thought would upload my art - check for larger art - then download that if it was available.

So you are saying that I should check - never use local art - always download option?

That doesn't make sense to me -  I thought the first option was added in order to speed things up for people with a lot of art - or people who only wanted to see if there were larger or identified size art available?

If it is the first option that is supposed to be checked then it is and it isn't working correctly.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Amazon Cover Art Plug in
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2005, 11:27:45 am »

That doesn't make sense to me
Your Not Alone

Actually I Should Have Just Used One Check Box I Guess

Try Both Check Boxes And See If That Has The Desired Effect
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up