INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expression: How many files of [Artist] or [Album] are in Library?  (Read 787 times)

gk666999

• Junior Woodchuck

I need some help with expressions. What I'm trying to organize my audio with following structure:
[genre]\[album]\[artist] - [name]    in case I have more than 1 track of the same [Album]

or

[genre]\[artist]\[artist] - [name]    in case I have more than 1 track of the same [Artist]

or

[genre]\[artist] - [name]    in case I have just 1 track of the same [Artist]

Therefore i need an expression to answer the question: "Is there more than one track from [some_album] or [some_artist] ?"

P.S. Since the use of expressions is one of the features that make MC such an outstanding application maybe there should be a permanent topic or better yet forum dedicated to Smartlists and search expressions. This is for Administrators to deside, but I am sure a lot of new and old users don't use this features out of lack of updated documentation. Personally, I recommended to buy this application to five friends of mine, and I've seen their amusement when finally had time to sit down with them to demonstrate the power of smartlists. But from time to time I see people on this board use "undocumented" expressions, whitch makes me think that tere are more and I just don't know about it.

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
Re: Expression: How many files of [Artist] or [Album] are in Library?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 08:11:31 pm »

look for the "duplicates" field.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

gk666999

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Expression: How many files of [Artist] or [Album] are in Library?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 04:26:04 am »

Thanks for tip. I'll try to play with it now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up