INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.63 Alpha  (Read 2992 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.63 Alpha
« on: November 22, 2005, 01:50:04 pm »

This is an alpha version of MC 11.1.

• It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.
  • Use it at your own risk and do not make it your first download of MC.

As always, please post only bugs here -- anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

Media Center 11.1 ALPHA is now available.  PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 ALPHA is here:
http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111063.exe

11.1.63 (11/22/05)

1. Fixed: When copying playlists in the tree to a new playlist group, the copy would appear in the original group instead.
2. Fixed: When cancelling an upload to a handheld, the database on the device would not get properly saved to reflect the new files.
3. Fixed: When starting a sync, the handheld list and panes would not update right away to show the queued files.
4. NEW: During the file upload portion of a handheld transfer, the transfer speed of the last transfer is displayed in the progress Action Window.
5. Changed: Removed the artificial 12 MB JPEG file size check when loading images.
6. Fixed: iPod eject would unnecessarily save the iPod database before doing the eject, making it too easy to unplug while the device was working if you didn't watch the screen.
7. Fixed: Sorting at a handheld view is setup so that queued files always show below files already on the device.

11.1.62 (11/22/05)

1. NEW: Panes show when browsing the files on a handheld.
2. Fixed: With handheld conversion enabled, MC was not always properly calculating how much could fit on the device.
3. Changed: Tweaked the "squish" space needed on a device for conversion estimate differences, database, cover art, etc.
4. Changed: The bitrate shown for a converted file on a device used to be an estimate -- now it's the actual bitrate after conversion.
5. Changed: Updated Audible service searches to reflect website changes.
6. Changed: Revised database loading order / system and added more logging. (please post a log if you continue to see loading failures)
7. Changed: Handheld conversion uses a unique temporary folder inside of the system temp folder for temporary files to avoid possible problems when running several handheld uploads at once.
8. Changed: Media Center does a better job of capping filenames so they don't become too long for the system.
9. Fixed: Disabled "Uninstall" for Audio Lunchbox and CD Baby.
10. NEW: Number of simultaneous conversions for handheld uploading in now configurable. (so non-thread safe decoders like MPC can be forced to 1)
11. Changed: Added some logging to the Podcast system to help detect possible startup problems. (please let us know if you still see this issue)
12. Fixed: URLs with a 4 character extension (like .mpeg) were being forced to type MP3.

11.1.61 (11/21/05)

1. Fixed: The CD playback plugin would not load properly.
2. Fixed: With "convert if necessary" selected, handhelds would not properly reject unsupported image and video formats.
3. Changed: Service plugin playlists are only created when expanding the service in the tree instead of each program start.
4. Fixed: Clicking "Play" in Library Browser with the jump mode set to "Playing Now (always)" could cause a crash.
5. Changed: Handheld queue status checker rejects CDA files, URLs, and some other unsupported types.
6. Fixed: Additional cases where the "incomplete shutdown" message box would be displayed on startup after a Windows shutdown.
7. Changed: Massaged the "Convert (if necessary)" logic for handhelds to account for bitrate changes as well.

11.1.60 (11/18/05)

1. Fixed: Changing the conversion mode for a portable device would not always stick.
2. Changed: When picking "Sync Now" and then being prompted to configure the sync, clicking OK will start the sync.
3. Fixed: When being prompted to configure a sync after clicking "Sync Now", and then cancelling the options page, the sync button would still show "Cancel Sync".
4. Fixed: When syncing through the Action Bin, once a device was fully synchronized, changes to a smartlist would not properly cause the device to be detected as unsynchronized.
5. Changed: Search control no longer puts more space between "friendly" tokens and regular tokens.
6. Fixed: Handheld communications with WMDM devices would be properly closed in some cases when closing the application.
7. Changed: Empty folders are always removed when erasing files from a a fixed-disk device. (not just when in sync mode)
8. New: Debug logging is incorporated into TV.
9. Changed: Added the "Add Device..." option to Options > Handhelds > Advanced. (also available via right-click Drives & Devices)
10. Fixed: In rare cases, multi-threaded database access could cause database corruption.
11. Changed: Playlists are sent to a device sorted by playlist name. (instead of unsorted)
12. Fixed: Copying album art from folders to iPod for files using Folder.jpg.
13. Changed: Included AudioLunchbox and CDBaby services by default. (can be turned off in Tools > Plugin Manager > Services)
14. Changed: Revamped the tree layout for plugins and services.
15. Fixed: Shutting down MC via a Windows shutdown would be considered an "Incomplete Shutdown."
16. NEW: MC now checks for playlist as well as file changes when checking if a device is fully synchronized.

11.1.59 (11/16/05)

1. Changed: Added a confirmation when changing tags by dropping on the tree / panes.
2. Fixed: Podcasts are now much more tolerant of non-RFC822 dates found in Feed XML files.
3. Fixed: Podcasts no longer become confused when the same Episode appears multiple times in a single Feed.
4. Changed: Devices flagged to be ignored (because they're unsupported or the user said to ignore) are not analyzed on startup. (helps performance and compatibility)
5. Fixed: Conversion / analysis wasn't working properly on some machines. (would go past 100%, etc.)
6. Fixed: When converting for a handheld transfer, art from files that used external art with relative paths (folder.jpg, etc.) wouldn't transfer properly.
7. Fixed: Handhelds wouldn't properly update after loading a new library while MC was running.
8. Changed: Column sizing now caps at a minimum size of 35 pixels.
9. Fixed: Drawing artifacts could appear when resizing columns on some systems.
10. Fixed: In some cases, replay gain could use the gain from one file back.
11. Fixed: When disconnecting and reconnecting a device during the same session, the upload path for music could add extra [Artist]\[Album] items. (check path in Options > Handheld > Advanced)
12. Fixed: Audible file playback on iPod.

New Features in MC 11.1
Basic support for Podcasting
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
Re: Media Center 11.1.62 Alpha
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 02:44:31 pm »

MC is crashing when trying to synch with a Nomad Jukebox 3. I do not get a call stack, just the message box that MC has to shut down.

The crash happens, after "Synch Now" is pressed. I'm prompted that some songs cannot be transferred. Then it crashes.

I'm using 11.1.62.

This is the first time I try to synch with 11.1 Alpha. Before I still had 11.0, so I cannot say if this is the first build that is now having this problem.

Dom
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 03:10:59 pm »

MC is crashing when trying to synch with a Nomad Jukebox 3. I do not get a call stack, just the message box that MC has to shut down.

The crash happens, after "Synch Now" is pressed. I'm prompted that some songs cannot be transferred. Then it crashes.

I'm using 11.1.62.

This is the first time I try to synch with 11.1 Alpha. Before I still had 11.0, so I cannot say if this is the first build that is now having this problem.

Dom

Could you email a full log to matt @ jriver.com?  Thanks.

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 03:42:48 pm »

Last few builds I've been getting the following message when trying to install MC,

Install wizard could not copy necessary files to the destination folder,
Please ensure that the file C:\program file\jriver\media center\jrtools.dll is not in use.

I do not have MC open. I have to reboot to be able to install.
-

lOth

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 03:43:22 pm »

same here

betonmoewe

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 04:24:37 pm »

and now .... I have a new problem :(

When I rip a new CD MC is configured to try to get the cover from the internet. After the end of ripping the CD MC freezes (even the music wich is playing in MC stops) and it last at least 5 min. No window rebuild, nothing ...
After that time MC wakes up and continue to work (play music etc).

If I uncheck this option everything works fine.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 05:14:21 pm »

I don't like the new method of converting to a handheld.
I have various bitrate MP3s.
Previously, if I chose Convert When Neccessary, no MP3s were converted.

Now if they are not VBR (my target conversion) they are converted.
This causes 320 CBR to be re-encoded to V1

I really don't want existing MP3s transcoded.
Can I stop that via an option?

Also, MC still writes the source format/type/rate to the converted files.
In my opinion, not needed info, but if it is, then it should be accurate.
After conversion, this file is an MP3, not an APE.

COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Tool Name: Media Center
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Tool Version: 11.1.62
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Compression: Normal (3.99)
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Bookmark: 462663
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Sample Rate: 44100
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Number Plays: 1
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Bitrate: 731
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Media Type: Audio
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Channels: 2
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Bit Depth: 16
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Duration: 856
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Last Played: 1132677344
COMMENT = Media Jukebox: Complete Album: 1

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 06:16:45 pm »

I don't like the new method of converting to a handheld.
I have various bitrate MP3s.
Previously, if I chose Convert When Neccessary, no MP3s were converted.

Now if they are not VBR (my target conversion) they are converted.
This causes 320 CBR to be re-encoded to V1

I really don't want existing MP3s transcoded.
Can I stop that via an option?

Choose "Never convert" or pick a higher bitrate.  Otherwise, maybe we should increase the "100 kbit" window.

LonWar

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 06:19:16 pm »

Last few builds I've been getting the following message when trying to install MC,

Install wizard could not copy necessary files to the destination folder,
Please ensure that the file C:\program file\jriver\media center\jrtools.dll is not in use.

I do not have MC open. I have to reboot to be able to install.

This is fine in 63.....
Thanks
-

LonWar

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 06:21:04 pm »

This is fine in 63.....
Thanks

I deleted a few tracks, Then eject, then play a song, The cover art on the Ipod is now incorrect.
This has been happening since Cover art was introduced.

-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11.1.63 Alpha
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 06:25:33 pm »

The build 63 release from about 5:00 PM CST is merged here with the build 62 release from 1:00PM.  We'll have a special investigator look into this tomorrow.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 09:27:45 pm »

Choose "Never convert" or pick a higher bitrate. Otherwise, maybe we should increase the "100 kbit" window.
Never convert would not be the same as "If not MP3, convert to MP3 using my settings"
Pick a higher bit rate? I use V1 -new but don't want existing MP3s converted at all.

I think the old 'Always convert' would fill the need(?) to raise or lower bitrates.
But, if it has to work this way, then another option is needed. 'Convert if different format' Because that is the only time I want a file converted. I do not wish to re-encode already lossy files.

yonkiman

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 10:54:27 pm »

If there's a file on a playlist that has been deleted from the hard disk, when you try to synchronize your ipod to that playlist, MC generates a "File not found - delete from Playlist?" message, and if you say "Yes", it crashes.

MC 11.1.63, 2nd gen iPod

-Fred

yonkiman

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 11:00:12 pm »

Along the same lines, after I thought I successfully synced my ipod, none of my songs or playlist show up.  I tried reinitializing the ipod and got the same results.  Never had any probs with 11.0.

Is anyone able to sync their ipod with the last 10 or so MC 11.1 builds?

-Fred

gk666999

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 04:24:35 am »

4. NEW: During the file upload portion of a handheld transfer, the transfer speed of the last transfer is displayed in the progress Action Window.

Big thanks!

lOth

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 06:31:34 am »

a lot of progress in the iPod area with this build.

6. Fixed: iPod eject would unnecessarily save the iPod database before doing the eject, making it too easy to unplug while the device was working if you didn't watch the screen.

Good move. It now works as it should and I think we won't see much of the loop of death anymore.

Everything seems faster to me in this build: syncing portable info with MC, analyze audio, maybe even the actual file transfer. The most significant progress is with the pause after the last file is transfered to the iPod. I just transfered 1,590 songs and MC froze for "only" 8 min. before it was available again.

One problem I've noticed: if the track images location rule is set "next to file", the cover art will be wrong for all the files that are in a folder with no .jpg (even the files that have embedded cover art). After I saw that I shifted back to "specific folder", reinitialized my iPod, resynced, and I now have 1,590 songs with the right cover art on my iPod.

I'll try to transfer 6,000 files tonight and see whether this build solves the memory usage issue (C++ runtime error).

Well done so far guys.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 08:57:26 am »

Something a bit odd with "rename files from properties" this build. First time I tried a batch of files MC seemd to work fine. Next time nothing happened at all.

The "use assorted" tick box had re-ticked itself after I'd unticked it for the first batch.

John.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 09:09:36 am »

Along the same lines, after I thought I successfully synced my ipod, none of my songs or playlist show up.  I tried reinitializing the ipod and got the same results.  Never had any probs with 11.0.

Is anyone able to sync their ipod with the last 10 or so MC 11.1 builds?

-Fred

Try doing an "Initialize iPod" from the right-click menu to format and start over.  Start with a smaller transfer and see what you find. 

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up