INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.65 Alpha  (Read 6269 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.65 Alpha
« on: November 23, 2005, 11:03:12 am »

This is an alpha version of MC 11.1.

• It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.
  • Use it at your own risk and do not make it your first download of MC.

As always, please post only bugs here -- anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

Media Center 11.1 ALPHA is now available.  PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 ALPHA is here:
http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111065.exe

11.1.65 (11/23/05)

1. Fixed: When converting files for a handheld upload, unnecessary fields could get saved into the tags.
2. Changed: Tuned the "Convert if necessary" logic for handhelds to only convert the same file type when dealing with WMA lossless.
3. Fixed: Option tree commands were not working correctly.
4. Fixed: When picking "Remove unsupported files and continue transfer" for a handheld transfer, MC could crash.
5. Optimized: Improved playlist building speed on iPods with many playlists.
6. Optimized: Vastly improved iPod database loading and saving speed for iPods that support artwork. (also reduced memory usage by a lot)
7. Fixed: Deleting files from an iPod could cause the images for other files to show the wrong art.

11.1.63 (11/22/05)

1. Fixed: When copying playlists in the tree to a new playlist group, the copy would appear in the original group instead.
2. Fixed: When cancelling an upload to a handheld, the database on the device would not get properly saved to reflect the new files.
3. Fixed: When starting a sync, the handheld list and panes would not update right away to show the queued files.
4. NEW: During the file upload portion of a handheld transfer, the transfer speed of the last transfer is displayed in the progress Action Window.
5. Changed: Removed the artificial 12 MB JPEG file size check when loading images.
6. Fixed: iPod eject would unnecessarily save the iPod database before doing the eject, making it too easy to unplug while the device was working if you didn't watch the screen.
7. Fixed: Sorting at a handheld view is setup so that queued files always show below files already on the device.

11.1.62 (11/22/05)

1. NEW: Panes show when browsing the files on a handheld.
2. Fixed: With handheld conversion enabled, MC was not always properly calculating how much could fit on the device.
3. Changed: Tweaked the "squish" space needed on a device for conversion estimate differences, database, cover art, etc.
4. Changed: The bitrate shown for a converted file on a device used to be an estimate -- now it's the actual bitrate after conversion.
5. Changed: Updated Audible service searches to reflect website changes.
6. Changed: Revised database loading order / system and added more logging. (please post a log if you continue to see loading failures)
7. Changed: Handheld conversion uses a unique temporary folder inside of the system temp folder for temporary files to avoid possible problems when running several handheld uploads at once.
8. Changed: Media Center does a better job of capping filenames so they don't become too long for the system.
9. Fixed: Disabled "Uninstall" for Audio Lunchbox and CD Baby.
10. NEW: Number of simultaneous conversions for handheld uploading in now configurable. (so non-thread safe decoders like MPC can be forced to 1)
11. Changed: Added some logging to the Podcast system to help detect possible startup problems. (please let us know if you still see this issue)
12. Fixed: URLs with a 4 character extension (like .mpeg) were being forced to type MP3.

11.1.61 (11/21/05)

1. Fixed: The CD playback plugin would not load properly.
2. Fixed: With "convert if necessary" selected, handhelds would not properly reject unsupported image and video formats.
3. Changed: Service plugin playlists are only created when expanding the service in the tree instead of each program start.
4. Fixed: Clicking "Play" in Library Browser with the jump mode set to "Playing Now (always)" could cause a crash.
5. Changed: Handheld queue status checker rejects CDA files, URLs, and some other unsupported types.
6. Fixed: Additional cases where the "incomplete shutdown" message box would be displayed on startup after a Windows shutdown.
7. Changed: Massaged the "Convert (if necessary)" logic for handhelds to account for bitrate changes as well.

11.1.60 (11/18/05)

1. Fixed: Changing the conversion mode for a portable device would not always stick.
2. Changed: When picking "Sync Now" and then being prompted to configure the sync, clicking OK will start the sync.
3. Fixed: When being prompted to configure a sync after clicking "Sync Now", and then cancelling the options page, the sync button would still show "Cancel Sync".
4. Fixed: When syncing through the Action Bin, once a device was fully synchronized, changes to a smartlist would not properly cause the device to be detected as unsynchronized.
5. Changed: Search control no longer puts more space between "friendly" tokens and regular tokens.
6. Fixed: Handheld communications with WMDM devices would be properly closed in some cases when closing the application.
7. Changed: Empty folders are always removed when erasing files from a a fixed-disk device. (not just when in sync mode)
8. New: Debug logging is incorporated into TV.
9. Changed: Added the "Add Device..." option to Options > Handhelds > Advanced. (also available via right-click Drives & Devices)
10. Fixed: In rare cases, multi-threaded database access could cause database corruption.
11. Changed: Playlists are sent to a device sorted by playlist name. (instead of unsorted)
12. Fixed: Copying album art from folders to iPod for files using Folder.jpg.
13. Changed: Included AudioLunchbox and CDBaby services by default. (can be turned off in Tools > Plugin Manager > Services)
14. Changed: Revamped the tree layout for plugins and services.
15. Fixed: Shutting down MC via a Windows shutdown would be considered an "Incomplete Shutdown."
16. NEW: MC now checks for playlist as well as file changes when checking if a device is fully synchronized.

New Features in MC 11.1
Basic support for Podcasting
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Re: Media Center 11.1.65 Alpha
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 11:50:35 am »

"1. Fixed: When converting files for a handheld upload, unnecessary fields could get saved into the tags.
2. Changed: Tuned the "Convert if necessary" logic for handhelds to only convert the same file type when dealing with WMA lossless."

Working great again. Thanks!

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 01:38:56 am »

This bug appeared in 11.0 and was fixed but it seems to have come back in 11.1:

Next / Previous buttons do not work unless a track is playing.
JLee

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 07:42:49 pm »

Here's some feedback on the laster build regarding syncing to my iPod Nano:

Syncing on normal music tracks seems to mostly work well now. Thanks. I do have a few issues.

1. The problem is that when after converting the track to MP3 format, the copy to the iPod takes a very long time. I'm converting at MP3 Extreme mode, which makes the tracks around 10MB and copying them takes well over 1 minute each. The odd thing is that the conversion process is actually faster than the copy process. Note that when I copy some other files (such as an Audible file that is also around 10MB, it copies almost instantly).

2. It would be nice if MC would not give up so easily when there isn't enough room for the tracks chosen. For me I'd love it if MC would simply sync as many tracks as it can. If this is implemented it would be best if it synced in the order that the chosen playlist is sorted.

3. It would also be great if there were an option to set the priority of the LAME encoder processes....  [EDIT BY JimH -- please see this thread for continuation of this topic: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30401.0 ]

4. Syncing an Audible file seems to work fine, but when I try to play it on my iPod it won't play. Note that doing this via iTunes works fine.

5. Here's a minor issue, but when I choose the Eject iPod option the device in the Tree View does not go away automatically.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 04:31:34 am »

Possible bug, I think...

Seems that album-centric track ordering no longer works. I used to be able to just set my view to sort by "Artist A-Z" then "Name A-Z" and whenever I would click on a full album, the album would be listed in track order. Seems the latest build has broken that. When I sort by the "Artist A-Z" then "Name A-Z", everything is sorted in that manner, including albums.

Also, any chance you guys are going to get around to linking "Disc #" AND "Track #" together in album-centric views? That way when I click on an album with more than one disc, all tracks will be listed in track order by order of disc.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 11:22:47 am »

The following bug that has been reported for several versions stil prevails in the 11.1.65 version. Library server  doesn't work. On the "client" I get tje following message: "Media Center encountered errors while playing the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location."

NO FILES can be played from the client (residing on the server), but all files from the server, so the path should be right.

yonkiman

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 01:29:50 pm »

This is a follow-up from the .63 thread:

Quote from: yonkiman on November 23, 2005, 05:00:12 AM
After I thought I successfully synced my ipod, none of my songs or playlist show up.  I tried reinitializing the ipod and got the same results.  Never had any probs with 11.0.  Is anyone able to sync their ipod with the last 10 or so MC 11.1 builds?

Matt responded:
Try doing an "Initialize iPod" from the right-click menu to format and start over.  Start with a smaller transfer and see what you find.

That did it (thanks) (though it also might have been changing from .63 to .65).   I synced a small playlist with no problem, then the remaining 19gig went smoothly.  I'm curious - is there a known issue with large initial syncs?

BTW, thanks for the podcasting support!!!

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 07:03:46 am »

Bug:  This view scheme returns no files with 11.1.  I've restored back to 11.0 and now 200 files are shown as expected.

[Date (year)]=>=2004 [Rating]=>=3 ~sort=[Random] -[Duplicate]=[Don't play] ~n=200
JLee

zr1961

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 08:47:13 am »

Remote server operation in 11.1.65 - I have problems with the remote server client of .65, could not play anything error pop up about not finding the files. when going back to .35 on client side only all worked fine.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 07:50:33 pm »

I have been trying to get MC to create a cover art folder

it is currently pointing to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Mark Farmer\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Cover Art\

if i change it and change it back it does not create a folder for images

basically "Cover Art" is missing

besides manually creating the folder how can i get MC to create this folder?

is this a bug?

there have been others who have said something about missing art, could this be a problem?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 11:48:13 pm »

After pressing sync on a creative zen xtra 30 gb, and having some sort of warning, like missing file or duplicates, I then chose to delete those files from the sync list.    MC continues to freeze and then deletes all the tracks from my mp3 player. 

Getting rid of the offending file will then get rid of this problem.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

Arnaud

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 09:36:05 am »

I have a repetitive problem when listening at a list of song.
One song will play just fine and the next one will play like if the equalizer was way down on o several frequencies. If I stop the song and restart it then plays it fine.
It will happen many times while going down the playlist.

I couldn't relate it to a different bit rate of file type.  So I don't have any clue to help you.

Thanks

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 09:47:12 am »

Bug: Following successful installation of plug-in, no time is allowed to click the "OK" button before focus is returned to MC.  Message box hides behind MC.  Item #7

To reproduce:
1. Open Plug-in Manager
2. Click on Download Plug-ins
3. Focus changes to browser and Plug-in page
4. Select plug-in and click on Download
5. Package Installer - Click Yes
6. Message box opens in front of browser: Package was successfully installed
7. Before it's possible to click on the "OK" button, the focus returns to MC with open Plug-in Manager.
8. Close Plug-in Manger
9. Minimize MC
10. Click on OK button of message box to close.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 09:49:25 am »

I have a repetitive problem when listening at a list of song.
One song will play just fine and the next one will play like if the equalizer was way down on o several frequencies. If I stop the song and restart it then plays it fine.
It will happen many times while going down the playlist.

I couldn't relate it to a different bit rate of file type.  So I don't have any clue to help you.

Thanks

Arnaud,

Have you run an audio analysis of your files and enabled Replay Gain?

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 11:27:27 am »

In that version I can hear the DVD´s.

It possible?

PD: I tried to reproduce with another programs like jetaudio and the audio sounds ok...  ?

PD2: I tried with internal volume and with SPDIF and nothing...
Go to linux

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 01:32:49 pm »

The following bug that has been reported for several versions stil prevails in the 11.1.65 version. Library server  doesn't work. On the "client" I get tje following message: "Media Center encountered errors while playing the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location."

NO FILES can be played from the client (residing on the server), but all files from the server, so the path should be right.

Please see this thread - make sure the MP3 encoder is functioning correctly on the server.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30310.0

j

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 07:44:17 pm »

Smallish bug...I have 3 handheld devices configured, all USB: an Epson Printer, a SanDisk CF, and a Toshiba PDA.

It seems that the setting for Simultaneous Conversions is not "taking hold".  I tried resetting it to "1" for each device and it still uses does two simultaneous conversions.  Tried restarting MC, same behavior.

Code: [Select]
Media Center Registered 11.1.65 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1779 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 489 MB, Free - 117 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5112.0 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2901 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: SONY    DVD RW DRU-510A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD RW DRU-510A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

mobius

Media Center 11.1.65 Alpha Bug: Media Editor
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 01:33:12 am »

In my installation Under Windows 2000 Media Editor opening any MP3 file gives a Media Editor.exe Application Error: The instruction at "Ox00403f37" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The Memory could not be "read".
Pages: [1]   Go Up