INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are Audio CDs Closed Automatically?  (Read 745 times)

saulniers

• Recent member
Are Audio CDs Closed Automatically?
« on: November 28, 2005, 03:43:45 pm »

I am using MC 11.0.316. When I burn tracks to a blank CD-R, it appears to be closed automatically at the end of the burn process, even though there is unused space on the disk. For example, I burned 5 tracks with 12 min of playing time as a single action. I now want to add additional tracks to this CD. However, when I try to add them,  the burn process will not proceed. When I drop the tracks into the action window, the tracks previously recorded appear first in the list with a check mark next to them. The new tracks are listed next with a status of "In Queue." When I depress the "Burn" button, a window opens directing me to insert Blank Media. I attempted to override by pressing "OK" and by opening and closing the CD/DVD drive, but Burn process will not proceed further unless I insert a blank CD. There is discussion in the Help files about closing a Data CD/DVD, but I can't find any reference to closing audio CDs nor can I find an option that would allow me to keep the CD open so that I can add more files at a future point in time. Is it possible to do so?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Are Audio CDs Closed Automatically?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 04:08:39 pm »

Audio CDs are always closed.  (many hardware players will fail to play unclosed discs)

Closing data CDs is fully optional.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 02:06:59 am »

Collect your songs in a playlist and wait to burn untill you have enough to fill a CD.

The only other option is a data CD where you have the option to leave it open or closed, as Matt mentioned.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

saulniers

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 12:47:21 pm »

Thanks very much for the assistance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up