INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.67 Beta  (Read 2392 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.67 Beta
« on: November 30, 2005, 05:49:46 pm »

This is a beta version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 Beta is here:
[build pulled due to Podcast feeds being reset -- check back tomorrow]

11.1.67 (11/30/05)

1. NEW: Audible transfers; Added dialog box to Activate Portable Device if needed during Audible file transfers.
2. Fixed: Did not properly purge Podcast episodes based on orphan file count or orphan MB used.
3. Fixed: Media Center MP3 playback no longer hiccups when playing spliced / or slightly invalid MP3 files that have rewind overflows.
4. Changed: Windows MCE remote (and other remotes that send messages directly to the focused window) work in all Media Center views instead of just standard view.
5. Optimized: Improved file transfer method for iPod and drive based devices to improve speed and minimize file fragmentation.
6. Changed: Some stock Podcast feeds appear by default.
7. Optimized: Ipod artwork database is written and compacted in a much more efficient manner, removing any lags previously caused by fragmentation.
8. Fixed: If Media Center was improperly shut down (system crash, etc.) while Library Browser was visible, the library could fail to load on MC restart in some cases.
9. NEW: Media Center automatically creates library backups every 3 days, and also creates monthly images. (and intelligently cleans up old backups)

11.1.66 (11/29/05)

1. NEW: Greatly improved support and performance for Creative Zen Touch and other "All Content" style WMDM devices.
2. NEW: A List of Default Podcasts can be configured by right-clicking on "Podcasts" in the tree control.
3. NEW: Album Art support for iPod Video.
4. Fixed: Media Center would not install over an old installation if the shell extensions were used to play a file.
5. Fixed: Standard view could not show TV video.
6. Fixed: Media Center starts up much faster now when Podcasts are Configured.
7. Changed: The MP3 encoder is downloaded automatically if it isn't installed and is needed.
8. Fixed: Simultaneous conversion threads setting for handheld uploads was not being honored. (was always using 2)
9. Fixed: Dropping on the root of Media Library would show a confirmation dialog box. (even though no tag changes were being made)
10. Changed: Image playback no longer uses the "hardware style" previous button. (where it jumps to the beginning of a tracks playback)
11. Fixed: Pressing the display next / previous buttons during image + music playback would not scroll through the images if there were more than 500 images in the slideshow.
12. Changed: When starting an image slideshow from the paused state, MC switches images right away.
13. Fixed: Opening MP3 files in Media Editor could cause a crash.
14. Fixed: When doing a sync with "delete files not in sync" set, missing files could cause problems with what files were cleaned from the device.
15. Changed: Moved Podcasts to show underneath Media Library. (by Web Media)
16. NEW: Added a "Playlists" view header with "Add Playlist" and "Add Smartlist" buttons.
17. NEW: Reworked the "Optimize picture quality" algorithm to produce more subtle and pleasing results. (configurable in Options > Playback > Configure Image Playback...)
18. Changed: Better autodetection of the AvelLink player.
19. Fixed: Importing MIDI files could cause a floating point overflow.
20. NEW: Video support for iPod video.
21. NEW: Podcast download and purge parameters can now be configured via the Options menu.
22. NEW: Added stock smartlists to playlist tree.

11.1.65 (11/23/05)

1. Fixed: When converting files for a handheld upload, unnecessary fields could get saved into the tags.
2. Changed: Tuned the "Convert if necessary" logic for handhelds to only convert the same file type when dealing with WMA lossless.
3. Fixed: Option tree commands were not working correctly.
4. Fixed: When picking "Remove unsupported files and continue transfer" for a handheld transfer, MC could crash.
5. Optimized: Improved playlist building speed on iPods with many playlists.
6. Optimized: Vastly improved iPod database loading and saving speed for iPods that support artwork. (also reduced memory usage by a lot)
7. Fixed: Deleting files from an iPod could cause the images for other files to show the wrong art.

11.1.63 (11/22/05)

1. Fixed: When copying playlists in the tree to a new playlist group, the copy would appear in the original group instead.
2. Fixed: When cancelling an upload to a handheld, the database on the device would not get properly saved to reflect the new files.
3. Fixed: When starting a sync, the handheld list and panes would not update right away to show the queued files.
4. NEW: During the file upload portion of a handheld transfer, the transfer speed of the last transfer is displayed in the progress Action Window.
5. Changed: Removed the artificial 12 MB JPEG file size check when loading images.
6. Fixed: iPod eject would unnecessarily save the iPod database before doing the eject, making it too easy to unplug while the device was working if you didn't watch the screen.
7. Fixed: Sorting at a handheld view is setup so that queued files always show below files already on the device.

11.1.62 (11/22/05)

1. NEW: Panes show when browsing the files on a handheld.
2. Fixed: With handheld conversion enabled, MC was not always properly calculating how much could fit on the device.
3. Changed: Tweaked the "squish" space needed on a device for conversion estimate differences, database, cover art, etc.
4. Changed: The bitrate shown for a converted file on a device used to be an estimate -- now it's the actual bitrate after conversion.
5. Changed: Updated Audible service searches to reflect website changes.
6. Changed: Revised database loading order / system and added more logging. (please post a log if you continue to see loading failures)
7. Changed: Handheld conversion uses a unique temporary folder inside of the system temp folder for temporary files to avoid possible problems when running several handheld uploads at once.
8. Changed: Media Center does a better job of capping filenames so they don't become too long for the system.
9. Fixed: Disabled "Uninstall" for Audio Lunchbox and CD Baby.
10. NEW: Number of simultaneous conversions for handheld uploading in now configurable. (so non-thread safe decoders like MPC can be forced to 1)
11. Changed: Added some logging to the Podcast system to help detect possible startup problems. (please let us know if you still see this issue)
12. Fixed: URLs with a 4 character extension (like .mpeg) were being forced to type MP3.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 11.1.67 Beta
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 05:54:29 pm »

This build includes a more elegant iPod artwork engine that manages fragmentation and database compacting, while maintaining the large speed-ups from a few builds back.

However, it hasn't been heavily tested, so proceed with caution if you're using album art with your iPod.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 06:12:25 pm »

9. NEW: Media Center automatically creates library backups every 3 days, and also creates monthly images. (and intelligently cleans up old backups)

Sounds Interesting......

I have just formated and initialized my Ipod.... I'll let you know how the Ipod works with the album art in about 3 hours. (needs to sync)

-

Gene

• Recent member
  • Mountains Speak to Me
Warning: Media Center 11.1.67 Beta
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 07:33:52 pm »

Sorry.  Just discovered that tonite's build will clobber your Podcast configuration, replacing it with a list of 9 default feeds.

It will only do it once, so if it happens to you, you can reconfigure and you won't lose your data a second time.

Sorry about that.

gene

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 08:25:17 pm »

I initialized and sync'd to my ipod photo 60GB.
5127 songs.  Sync speed of songs seemed about the same but spent a whole lot less time at the end.  Album art via folder.jpg files worked fine.

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 09:04:16 pm »

Just transfered 7818 files all with Album art, Picked a track and it played just fine, was able to skip to the next track with no problems...
All seems well!!

Now, is there anymore info you can give us on the new back up system? Is it configurable??
-

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 03:08:33 am »

re: Automatic backups.

Yes! :D

Mark

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 07:10:06 am »

I'm just joining this round of beta testing so I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere but I don't see it in the list of release notes for the various betas.

In Mini View when the Playing Now stops, the song that last played is still shown. It used to go back to saying Media Center and the version so you could easily tell your Playing Now was finished. It still does this in Standard View.
Jeff

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 07:16:18 am »

Mystery #1 - I have a Nano & a 5G.  I initialized each & filled them via 11.67.  On the Nano, album art is fine.  On the 5G, the album art is "garbled" - like the horizontal banding is out of synch (including the MC logo).  Do I have something set wrong in MC or on the 5G?

Mystery #2 - what does 11.67 do with videos and music videos?  (I am hesitant to try to transfer them via 11.67 because it does not "see" (in devices/my computer) all of the videos in the directory; and because I recall seeing a comment that it does not yet handle music videos.)

Thanks for all of your work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up