INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11.1 suggestions list (only 5 :)  (Read 794 times)

JONCAT

MC11.1 suggestions list (only 5 :)
« on: December 09, 2005, 02:20:25 pm »

I cut & pasted my idea into this, you may have to look close for the small splitter tab at the top of the bottom pane, but it sticks out becauase I couldn't integrate it very well. I think having a splitter at the top would be killer so you could max out the screen with album thumbs 100%

Here's a few other problems/ideas I am having with/for the alpha.

1. *Moved to bug list*

2. An option to simply MOVE UP/MOVE DOWN view schemes in the tree so we can actually order them the way we want.

3. Theatre View more intuitive: treat as folders, double click to go in, right click to Play,   Add, Search. Currently, you have to do too many right clicks to get into a view scheme and the wheel mouse won't initially let you scroll unless you tab over to your items or right click and cancel which leaves the item highlighted so you can then scroll. For a Theatre View so much space is wasted with the control buttons on the left which have to be bigger for the thumbs to be larger. Why not just integrate the function in a right click and have double click navigate into folders or even try a pane view that contains track names for the thumb you have highlighted.

4. For PLAYLISTS:

Have an option to define some parameters for each playlist. I have playlists which are both compilations (not-mixed for archival purposes) and mixes (mixed for effect/style)....it would be great to be able to define some burning parameters or even playback parameters for these various playlists.

For example, when I am at home I usually listen with fades (90% of the time). When I go to burn a mix for someone I invariably forget to change the bunring paramters because usually I am burning cd's in gapless or "standard" mode. This leads to the idea that being able to define both playlists or certain albums as "gapless" or "apply fades" etc. would be invaluable. I'm guessing this would have to be an MC function and not tagged to the files/albums.

5. For the pane minimize/maximize splitter tab (the little triangles), an area surrounding this little tiny tab would help a lot. They are so small. If a small square detection area was drawn around this point it would be bigger without taking up more space. I max  min the panes a lot and using darker skins makes this a real pain. Something similar to the mouseover that occurs between the two tabs to resize the panes would be great.

feedback?
JC
Pages: [1]   Go Up