INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What means the new handheld option "enable album art if possible" ?  (Read 1598 times)

michel

• Citizen of the Universe

I understand that:

• if the option is unchecked, MC remove album art before to copy the file to the handheld
  • if the option is checked, MC only remove album art before to copy the file only if album art is not possible

What means "if album art is not possible" ? How MC can know if album art is supported or not by the handheld ?

BTW I don't understand why Jim moved this question here as it is a question related to the behaviour of MC, not to a particular handheld. I can see a lot of questions about sync on the MC forum not moved here... ?

SteveG

Re: What means the new handheld option "enable album art if possible" ?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 12:35:59 pm »

If "Enable album artwork if possible" is checked, if your device supports the display of Album Artwork, the correct files will be send to allow this display. If your device supports Album Artwork and you uncheck this box, artwork will not be sent to your device even if it could display it.

BTW I don't understand why Jim moved this question here as it is a question related to the behaviour of MC, not to a particular handheld.

In general we try to centralize conversations about handheld issues here. There were many changes recently so some threads began to be addressed in the main thread. In general this is the place to be for handheld issues.

michel

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 04:00:25 pm »

If your device supports Album Artwork...
My main question was: how MC knows if my device supports album artwork ?

That seems impossible in some case. For example, I own a smartphone running Windows Mobile 2005. Depending of the software I am using to play files, my smartphone supports or not support album artwork. So a nice option could be to let the user set manually which album artwork he want for his device: no album artwork, album artwork inside the file, album artwork outside,... Ideally this setting could be file type based.

You are doing a great work with handheld management but there is ever a room to improve a software  ;)

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 01:42:36 pm »

michel,

If you have a WMDM device, MC will send artwork unless you disable it. If you have an iPod that supports artwork, it will be sent. For other devices, if you have artwork saved in the tags and your device handles that, artwork will be handled correctly.

Eventually we can make this more robust and customizable by device as you suggest.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up