INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audible Store - need .co.uk not .com  (Read 1470 times)

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
Audible Store - need .co.uk not .com
« on: December 11, 2005, 06:55:04 am »

Whenever I use the Audible service it defaults to Audible.com.  Fine if you live in the US!  I need to access Audible.co.uk, am unable to log on to the .com site, and can only get to the .co.uk site by going to the bottom of the page to select the UK link.

The service plug-in does not allow me to change the domain.  Can this be made to do so, i.e. be able to change the .com domain to another national domain?

Or am I missing something?

PeterS

Re: Audible Store - need .co.uk not .com
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 08:22:04 am »

alanl,
At the moment our service plug-ins only support the main audible.com site. We plan to talk to Audible about the possibility of supporting other sites outside of the US, including audible.co.uk.

Domain names have to be locked to the service plug-in to allow catalog search and other service fuctionality.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 10:34:17 am »

You could experiment with trying to alias the .com to .co.uk via your hosts file
If things work ok, cool.
If not, simply get rid of the hosts entry.

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 02:02:34 pm »

You could experiment with trying to alias the .com to .co.uk via your hosts file
If things work ok, cool.
If not, simply get rid of the hosts entry.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll wait until jriver get around to implementing it properly.  My hosts file has enough stuff in it already  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up