INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't download the MP3 from CD_ROM to MP3 player  (Read 1673 times)

tony_wk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
I can't download the MP3 from CD_ROM to MP3 player
« on: June 24, 2003, 02:58:22 am »

Hi,
I am using the media jukebox 8 and very excited about the features which offers. But after i import all my MP3 CD-ROMs into jukebox, i found that I can't actually download any of the songs to my nomad II mp3 player. it is always an error said the invalid path...

after i checked the path of the song, I found the path is the CD-ROM's ramdom volumn name + path, looks like
(48573845):\music\a.mp3.  I think the software is complaining that it can't recognize the (48573845): it shoud be the label of my cd rom like I:\music\a.mp3

But I can still play this song in the media jukebox. There is also no place that I can update the path from (48573845): to I:

Anybody have the same problem could help me? Without the download feature, I won't be able to use this software but to turn back to the ugly creative play center.

thanks!

tony

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: I can't download the MP3 from CD_ROM to MP3 pl
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 06:34:34 am »

try copying the amount of song files to your hard drive in a temp folder then using mjb to load the mp3 player.

?  hopefully that will work.
roving cowboy / keith hall

tony_wk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 08:08:34 am »

:-/
That is working for sure, but it is not the solution I am looking for. I also have to rebuild the playlist every time I copy the files to the tmp directory.

Does the newer version of the jukebox or the media center 9 solve this problem?

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 03:06:58 am »

by rebuilding the playlist i am understanding that the tags do not show up when you use the cdrom, and you then copy them from the cdrom to the media jukebox and, it then does not have the song information on the list for burning so you have to type it in?

if that is the case then your lucky cause i cant even  type it in with this free version i have.

but  i do believe the new mc 9 will fix this as they have been working on it more then the mjb 8,  which  i  believe is just about to get on their nerves  as much as it is all us users. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall

tony_wk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 02:59:40 am »

It is even worse for the current media center9. the whole program crashes when I send the songs from the cd-rom to the NOMAD II and try to open the queueing window.

I have report the problem to the media center9 group. hope it is solved soon.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 05:07:46 pm »

Tony,

This is solved in MC 9.1

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up