INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB-UIRT plug-in  (Read 1540 times)

Kinlay

• nothing more to say...
USB-UIRT plug-in
« on: December 20, 2005, 12:04:37 pm »

Installed the USB-UIRT HW, downloaded the plug-in and activated it without problems. It's now in "Run" status (green play icon) but it is not possible to click the configure button!? Is this correct? Is it not possible to configure/re-assign remote buttons to functions in MC? Do I need to buy Grinder or alike for that?

Thx in advance!

/kinlay

PS! A completly different question.. have you tried the UDIAL sound file? I tried it on my system with a MS standard USB audio driver and it really sounds bad (because of the "bit error" in the kmixer of Windows). If I play the same file in FooBar2000 it is not there....  that is, the artifact caused by the mixer error is not played in FooBar.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: USB-UIRT plug-in
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 02:20:55 pm »

Eh...I think you mean Girder! Which just came out with version 4. And is totally indispensable on any media computer. Or any other computer for that matter...
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 03:02:10 pm »

Installed the USB-UIRT HW, downloaded the plug-in and activated it without problems. It's now in "Run" status (green play icon) but it is not possible to click the configure button!? Is this correct? Is it not possible to configure/re-assign remote buttons to functions in MC? Do I need to buy Grinder or alike for that?
You assign buttons to MC commands in  Tools/Options/Remote Control. Just click the "Learn" button and then it will highlight one command at a time. You press the corresponding button on the remote and it moves to the next command. When done, click the Done button. To skip a command, just mouse click on the next command to learn.
The "Configure" button is for any required hardware configuration of the receiver device (such as COM port for serial devices, etc.). There isn't any configuration to perform with the USB receiver device.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Kinlay

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 03:08:17 pm »

Thx a lot.... and sorry about the typo  :-[

Works like a dream now!

/kinlay
Pages: [1]   Go Up